How do we feel about Russian players making accs over here and doing RMT boosts?

Large majority of the blatant 3s(usually prot/sub/x or some other variation of cheese comp that works to 2100 easily)/rbg boosters are actually russian players working for popular boosting sites.

Just an example: ~https://ibb.co/Hqx3SY5

I q pretty much every day or other every day across alts at different mmr, and the frequency at which you run into a one of these obvious carry accounts is absurd, not sure if its due to arena pop being at an all time low or what.

You can usually tell, with 99% accuracy, if an account is fake if it has the 3 following conditions:

1. Created at the start of the season or end of the last one (1-3k achi points).
  2. Thousands of games played, attaining 1550-2100 or even 2400 within days of each other. Playing with the same partner but very often a brand new 3rd.
  3. Annoying accented character names, character is hidden on check-pvp (still viewable on armory).
2 Likes

We don’t care even a little bit

5 Likes

But why? It’s blatantly ruining the integrity of the ladder. Any real ladder game bans for this garbage.

3 Likes

I’m not clicking on that link cause I don’t recognize where it comes from, but they are on the AH too. You report and report and report does nothing.

2 Likes

Why do you think these players make new accounts if they’re not getting banned

4 Likes

Some do get banned (rip Leo) but most do not. More and more are getting involved based on the influx of new accounts I’ve noticed. Also, they do not ban fast enough. They literally MAYBE ban after the season is over, when these people have made tons of money doing thousands of games.

If they actually banned frequently and quickly, you’d see less. It’s extremely annoying to setup a fresh character that is capable of boosting. conduits, leggos, renown level, conduit levels, questlines, leveling, etc.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s true. That one Warrior fellow even streamed his rmt selfplay to 2700.

Business is booming.

4 Likes

For being at their day jobs they sure don’t mind speeching some hate at you if you bm them when you scrape a win

At least they didn’t last season lol

boosting must be insanely lucrative for them to go through all that trouble of leveling up a new character, doing all the pve chores etc etc

3 Likes

It’s lucrative for them because it takes about a month of investment for 6+ months of boosting time before the account MIGHT get shutdown. Probably pays more than what they make in their home countries too.

For being at their day jobs they sure don’t mind speeching some hate at you if you bm them when you scrape a win

Oh yeah, they can pretty toxic as well. Had one tell me in broken english that I’m bad and to end my life. One also had blatant profanity in the name with the accents referring slang to a females reproductive organs.

1 Like

It isn’t. Running into actual boosters at 1800-2100 which is the boosting sweet spot is still extremely low, easily 1 in every 40 games.

There’s also plenty of people with thousands of games played who hover in the 1900-2100 range and just never manage to climb due to a variety of factors.

This isn’t that hard to do if you’re good or got it in 2s playing something easy/the season inflates so much it doesn’t mean much anymore.

This also doesn’t mean it’s a booster either. Some people have a stable 2s partner but not a 3rd for 3s so they just LFG 3s with their partner all the time.

This one is a pretty good sign. I don’t know how these guy’s all manage to get the characters to not show up on check pvp but it’s annoying.

How would you ban it? Realistically it’s hard to ban unless you have an actual person who knows how to look for boosters going through and manually banning them. Any kind of automated system would just wipe out a huge chunk of the ladder. And blizz isn’t going to just fire a bunch of people to stop this.

You’re confusing actual players with bots.

I wish I still had the clips from that.

You would know.

1 Like

All you gotta do now is buy the next xpac and boost to 60. Seems like a small investment what could be gained.

1 Like

Not something you should be worried about. If they are breaking ToS its the mods/devs job to ban them.

1 Like

Working as intended. It’s why blizz made glad a static reward. Much easier to obtain

1 Like

Anything in particular? I saved the vod.

Fewer resources to do end of season disqualifications, I imagine, along with the whole perception that glad was an old boys club type thing that wasn’t accessible to newcomers, and I guess that might’ve had some degree of merit.

1 Like

This is just not true, from MY RECENT experience leveling a bunch of alts to farm up some gold there are tons of boosters. Other than the regular ones I’ve ran into a lot like pokemon, the Russians, other EU players and NA regulars etc, it’s not an issue for me because I still get to whatever rating I want but my friend and I would check-pvp just for fun and yup for sure season 3 player no other seasons showing 2600-2800+cr in 2s/3s reached in the season, PvP achievements earned back to back within 2-3 days. 3-4k games played at 1600-1950cr with a very high win % usually a fury warrior or assa rogue but there are others. Then it’s obvious when the person they’re boosting just tries their best to hide all match even if it’s a healer being boosted sometimes, they don’t heal they just try to hide too. Not saying it isn’t possible for a person to reach whatever their desired rating is, but let’s not act like boosting isn’t an issue, its way higher than the rate of 1/40 games. Depending on the time of day I would even say there was sessions that had 3/10 games being boosted.

You have a ton of paid boosters right now specially from EU because it appears EU is more dead than NA arena right now when it comes to people buying boost. Then on top of the paid booster influx, you have boosting going on all day from various players for stream views for example mud and pikaboo but seems like everyone does it now big names and small ones too. Point is so much boosting coming in for different reasons, definitely more than 1 every 40 games.

2s is toxic for new people right now.

2 Likes

He ain’t a bot. But I do report the bots too and they don’t have anything done usually. Same bot that’s been running back and forth to the ah is still there has been for about 4 months. It’s a specific person and he curses you out in Russian and does similar to what the OP stated.

What nationality has to do with this ?
Is OP trying to bring politics into fantasy game ?

3 Likes

no i wouldnt. im not an RMT booster. NOW if you wanna hook me up with a 2.4 boost im down that way i dont have to use LFG :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I found it strange how he defended these folks and give them the benefit of the doubt. Like how many “new” people are making fresh wow accounts shadowlands season 3, jumping right into arena with thousands of games played, even reaching glad range. Just makes no sense.

And when you’re near 1800 2100 cutoff ranges, it is definitely not 1 in 40 being a boost. It’s probably around 1 in 13. It’s extremely common to run into the same folks who are literally doing this as a full time job.

1 Like