How do we feel about earth storm and fire?

just press the ability again and they go right to your target…

1 Like

And? It’s still a piece of crap compared to it’s original form, which you had way more control over the clones.
But because noob monks kept casting it on single target showing they don’t bother actually reading the spell, it got dumbed down to the crap it is today.

2 Likes

One fix to make SEF much more enjoyable would be that after fixating they are literally stuck on the target and being immune to any kind of cc.

But otherwise I want old Tigereye brew and the old SEF in mop/wod

Its an awesome idea and was super fun to use in WC3. However, when I returned from my break and hopped on my 90 Monk that I’ve not played since the end of Mists… I used it on a target dummy. I kid you not, I was targetting the middle and one clone targetted the right and the other targetted the left. I was confused…

Yep they automatically choose to attack aoe, but you can focus them by hitting the ability again.

I miss MoP version though

Maybe it was a “first time use glitch” but I did hit my attacks again and they stayed on their separate targets. I’ll have to try it again tonight and see if it repeats.

You have to repress the storm earth fire ability to focus them on 1 target if not it will only do aoe.

That won’t screw with SEF charges?

No that’s how the ability works. Tap once to summon they will focus other targets and sorta act like their original form. Then tap again and refocus.
Also tip for pvp if the enemy is fleeing and you were casting fof, or say the sef are feared, you can retap the ability and they will fly to the target and continue the attacks on the target.

Also you can refocus even while channeling and not break the channel.

1 Like

Ooooh ok. Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

1 Like

I think SEF actually would have made a cool core class CD. Could have enabled interesting play for for things like Brew CD reduction (let your clone keg smashes and tiger palms reduce the CD as well) on BrM and Extra ReMs on MW (let clones cast weaker or reduced CD ReMs).

1 Like

I’ve never not double pressed it.

Can’t have them attacking everything randomly. Always attack my target pls.

1 Like

I know it is an iconic ability from Chen. But to me it doesn’t fit the windwalker themes and is also not very fun to use, even though i don’t have much problems with it in practice.

Wish serenity replaced it entirely.

yup this.

works great in arena when rogues retreat to their healer and LoS you, and can just re-focus SEF clones to the healer and spam spinning crane kick to keep in combat or get out of stealth

All of these sound neat in their own way. I know it’d take some re-balancing but splitting into three characters has a ton of potential to be mechanically interesting imo. There’s so many different ways you could synergize it with other abilities that it seems like a waste to have it be on a long-ish cd that mainly functions as a damage steroid with some pvp utility.

1 Like

Heavily dislike the ability. Feels clunky to use. Nothing worse than casting an ability and the clones don’t care and keep basic attacking the NPC.