How do the Divine Resonance procs work exactly?

So if you have the Divine Resonance legendary in Prot and you cast Divine Toll, do the extra avenger’s shield procs every 5 seconds hit the original Divine Toll target or do they hit your current target at the time the proc happens?

If it is the current target at the time of the proc, will it avoid tossing it if the mob is CC’ed or does it still toss it and break the CC?

I ask because I do a lot of tab targetting and sometimes I target a mob to see how long my repentance has left (or turn evil if it is a slime in plaguefall) and I would hate to accidentally break them out. I was looking at how this legendary worked since we will be able to use it with another one in the next patch.

Current target, I’m fairly confident. It’s how it works for Ret.

There are some great plater mods and Addons to help with CC timers on the name
Plates so you don’t have to switch targets. Also, you can create mouse over macros for turn evil or repent so you don’t have to physically switch targets.

Ok thanks!

I’ve tried a few but now super happy with how they work out visually yet. I think a lot of it is I have been tanking since original WoW and years of learned habits are hard to overcome sometimes. I am pretty adept at tab targetting as well so it just feels natural.

However thanks for the tips and I’ll still look into them!

1 Like