How do people on Remulos feel about Dire Maul being released soon?

I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s too soon and other say that there isn’t enough to do for people who rushed to level 60. Just curious what people who play on Remulos think?

Its about time, this really should have been in at launch. Hopefully this will let a few more of the straggling guilds gain entry to MC and help those last 55-60 levels for late levellers.

1 Like

I was against it at first, until it was pointed out to me that Dire Maul came out three months after launch and we’re only getting it a month earlier.

Now I’m indifferent.

1 Like

it was also in the EU launch.

Still… I don’t think they should have rushed content for people who rushed. If it was originally slated for phase 2 - leave it in phase 2…

1 Like

I should be 60 by the time Phase 4 arrives, so won’t make an ounce of difference to me.

1 Like

It will put more gold into the economy, as well as more items becoming available for high level players. New content is good, no matter what stage you are at.

Sure, there are concerns that this is a sign that Blizzard is catering to the hardcore, but it’s probably (hopefully) just a case of providing more content and therefore more options for people levelling and the non-private server players to get slightly better gear to take on MC.

Dire Maul is weeks away for me but I’ll cheer my high-level guildies on as they get gear and gold.

I’m just enjoying the journey.

2 Likes

I dont think they have rushed content… what with it being 14+ years old. DireMaul is pre MC “catch up” content… how can you be so far behind and complain about catch up content designed to help the slow pokes like yourself?

Its fine for any player to choose how fast or slow they want to progress, Heck I want phase 3 out now and think they are dragging this out, phase 1 is a laughable joke because of the cumulative power creep of 1.12. Phase 2 isnt ready because realms have not stablised and there is still no word on how giant modern populations will interact with systems designed for populations 1/3 the size.

1 Like

I genuinely do not care.

This is a 15 year old game. The mechanics were worked out a long time ago and everything you could want to know is available online. Raiding, as I hear it, is nowhere nearly as difficult as it was in Vanilla and this whole Dire Maul thing is ridiculous.

IMO, as long as they only add things that were in Vanilla (no custom crap) and in the general order they were originally added, who they cater to doesn’t matter. People are here to play Classic, not a specific patch for Classic.

Anyone who is here to play a specific patch needs to come back to reality, or hope there is a private server left that fits the bill (I don’t think there are).