How do I request my account be deleted?

I don’t want to be tempted to returning. Thanks for your help.

6 Likes

If you’re honestly serious about it, here:

However, from what the article says… this is permanent. You push the buttons to go through with it, and you’re never getting it back.

9 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Understand that this is irreversible. Under no circumstances can it be undone. There’s no changing your mind later.

Also, this deletes your ENTIRE battle.net account. You lose access to all games under this battle.net permanently.

3 Likes

I appreciate your in depth reply as to what I am doing.

3 Likes

This feels like witnessing someone committing suicide. :frowning:

23 Likes

Now is the time to ask for his stuff.

7 Likes

F in the chat bois

3 Likes

type /who for lowbies and give all your gold to one without looms on.

12 Likes

Don’t burn your bridges. I had a friend who deleted everything before - twice. Came back, rebuilt and then questioned where was his High Warlord title from vanilla. Yeah…dumb.

Don’t delete, just forget about WoW…until you remember one day.

And do give away your stuff. That’s just polite.

9 Likes

Would deleting your account permanently really change that though? Not saying there is, but if there’s another underlying issue, what’s stopping you from simply starting again on a new account?

1 Like

Even if its deleted what will stop you in a time of weakness from making a new account?

Dont delete you account. Just stop using it. If you did the above you will probably never forgive your self if you find you enjoy the game again but have lost all of what made you account yours; rare mogs, rare mounts, gold, unobtainable achievements.

Better to go just stop playing but hold onto what is yours. You may have spent a lot of money on this game but the more valuable thing you have spent is your time. Dont throw it away because you are upset with how the game is (rightfully so mind you).

However unlikely it may be thanks to Activision, Blizzard may return to form one day. You cant guarantee it will never happen.

4 Likes

you can make a new account, boost your favorite class with the expansion, and buy a token for $20 that will give you more money than most people in the game have rn. lol

Any toons on Thorium Brotherhood/Silver Hand/Farstriders that you have gold on? I’ll gladly take it and thank you! I needs them new pterrodaxes and in Legion I could get about 300k gold for $20 and now it’s like a third that for the same price, so no go.

It has to do with this strange emotional attachment I have for this particular character. The game has changed so much I would have very little desire to make a new character but you can see by my mount and pet collection I have played for a long time with 2.5 years of played time, that’s certifiable.

I think I am going to go with perl’s idea as a way to ease my mind at the loss of a hobby I have done for 15 years now. I’ve made an action plan of walking to the corner and back when my urge gets overwhelming.

It really feels almost as intense as losing a beloved pet.

5 Likes

change your password to something you won’t remember. screw up your authentication… just don’t delete your account like that.

4 Likes

There’s nothing TO throw away considering there’s no palatable content anymore (allegedly).

1 Like

Just make you sure you’re able to keep yourself preoccupied with work/study/hobbies/etc. for a while after you have the account deleted. Allowing yourself too much free time to reminisce will only make it harder to get over that attachment.

1 Like

Someone close to me still plays so at least the guild banks, I have 3, won’t go down in flames. I played an unhealthy amount of time but as an excuse I do have some severe physical ailments and suffer from insomnia and wow has at times been a relief from some of it.

2 Likes