How do I report anti-semitism?

There’s this guy running around Terrokar Forest right now making really bad anti-semitism comments, etc. But, reporting on our realm is broken. After 3-4 chats you can’t report chats anymore so I and a few other people are having trouble reporting them.

I opened a ticket for ongoing harassment, but, the system said that language isn’t to be reported there.

As long as u can report him once for language. thats all you need to do tho GM actions arent instantaneouse

3 Likes

Correct, Ongoing Harassment is a specific targeted type of harassment that involves harassment over time and bypassing systems like “Ignore”.

For this type of behavior/language, using the in-game right-click reporting is sufficient and will get the chat reviewed by the Game Masters.

5 Likes

However after 3 chats the “report” button fades. Also if you die you can’t report chats anymore. Is this intended?

I’m not aware of any issues with the in-game reporting system. It definitely would not be limited to a single realm since it’s a game wide service. If there were a problem, it would likely be affecting everyone on all realms.

I’d start with these troubleshooting steps to rule out any conflict with addons/mods you may be running:

If you continue to encounter issues and the service doesn’t appear to be working as expected, please file a bug report.

6 Likes

When you report someone for language, they also get put onto a temporary ignore for the remainder of your session. You shouldn’t be able to see their chat again if it was reported (at least not until you log out and back in again).

My guess is that, if you’re still seeing their chat after trying to report it, then it’s not getting reported properly and I’d follow the link Kal gave for resetting your UI.

8 Likes

No addons, etc. I tested it with a guild mate to see when the option comes up. Apparently if you die, while you have a report open it never lets you resend it. Which is what happened. Now I know, wait until you’re in a safe spot before reporting.