How do i beat rogues as a warlock?

Just played WSG for the first time in months and had a rogue come up to me whenever he could and killed me.

I’m just constantly stunned and the times I do get to use my spells he is immune to them…

I don’t understand.

Roll a hunter
Done

What the Duff says

Ill just quit pvp.

Problem solved I guess.

Xavadar#1868 add me, I’ll explain in detail over bnet

2 Likes

Use the seduce pet and screw over their opener

use the root honor talent

those two have worked best for me

3 Likes

As a Destro lock you’ve got a pretty good chance vs rogues. Make sure you have demon armor and a decent amount of Mastery/Vers and you’ll tank them no problem.

Your goal is to get cloak as soon as possible while still having some CDS left in reserve if they reset. You have alot things to help deal with melee IE wall, deathcoil, infernal + Darksoul for big damage.

The nice thing is you have multiple schools of magic. Fire tree is great for getting damage rolling. If they kick , go ahead and just fear bolt them. If you have root they’re extra screwed. If you have shards ready for a bolt and they’re on you, just use fear, if they kick fear, you can always just throw down an infernal and start bolting into them.

As long as you make sure you have either infernal or wall for after a cloak reset you usually can take it. Deathcoil is a short CD so you can often use that earlier on. If you rotate your cds and use your different magic schools to bait kicks you can usually set up decent damage on them.

Edit: Bonus tip, play orc for the reduced stun duration if you are horde.

1 Like

You’re not favored in that matchup 1v1. Many specs have hard counters. Take solace in knowing that specs like fury or unholy completely bully rogues.

Okay, I’ll give you a breakdown play to play.

Put down a gate, you’re gonna’ need it. Summon a Succubus. When the rogue opens immediately lead with seduce. If he trinkets the seduce gate away and conflag root ASAP. On his way back to reconnect with you fear him. Be careful of shadowstep kick. If he doesn’t, then bolt him, if he does… bolt him. Build more shards, get your last fear DR off and bolt into an infernal. He’ll likely cloak. If he does, rain of fire, if he doesn’t… bolt him. If he vendettas you wall it. Save trinket if you’re far ahead so he can’t blind you on infernal and run. From there it’s just a matter of juking kick and getting fears into bolts. It’s actually stupid easy when you get the hang of it.

K BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

5 Likes

Destro is tanky af. You should be able to do kill pretty much anyone with only a really good assn rogue giving you trouble with some of the advice given here.

Pare.

A, hunters can’t beat sin rogues and B, hunters are at the bottom. It’s not worth the effort to reroll. I’ve lost to Sins I outgear by a spread of +30 ilvl.

You’re better off sticking with Warlock because they actually have halfway decent utility.

2 Likes

So much for “gear matters.”

1 Like

That’s a hunters being bad / sin being the most op spec in game issue. Gear matters in rated pvp.

Gear and class balance are not mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

I think demo locks can beat rogues 1v1.

I’ve tried dueling a geared demo before, and it was pretty one-sided in their favor.

1 Like

Indeed, but that’s the good part. It matters FAR LESS than people think. Especially now because gear wise I don’t have things like resilience and wacky CC negation.

Class>spec>comp>gear>skill.

Clearly skill is above gear or you would have beat him.

Skill wise we were about the same. The only thing I beat him on was gear. The things he beat me on was class and spec. If Rogues were broken overall, OR Sin was trashy, then I would have beaten him.

You had 30 ilvls on him. If skill weren’t a thing, you’d have beat him.

1 Like

If I played a different class/spec…but when you’re hunting in the cities you don’t know what you’re going up against. Shards are recycled all the time, and boy, do the wrong class/specs for hunter come out of the woodwork…

Yea so class/spec comes before gear and skill. But skill still trumps gear.