How do Dragons "create" new races?

Sorry if that’s a dumb question and I missed some lore. I was wondering, is it specified how Dragons, the Black Dragonflight in particular, can manipulate and shape flesh ? Do they have access to some sort of Titanic device like the Mogu did ?

I was already a bit puzzled by the official explanation behind the origins of Drakonid and Dragonspawn (“unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons”… what does that even mean ?). I guess we’ll learn about that in the Dragon Isles.
Now there are the Dracthyr, who were created by Deathwing and remind me of the Dragonmen created by Nefarian. Maloriak for example was the result of a fusion between a Human and the corpse of a Dragonspawn. Maybe Dragonmen were a failed attempt at recreating the Dracthyr… which could mean that the Dracthyr are mortal races fused with Dragonkin as well ?

I’m a bit lost

2 Likes

I’m not 100% on the precise methods but I’m confident it boils down to;

2 Likes

They fiddle with eggs, generally.

Dragons can lay large numbers of eggs. Deathwing uses magic, alchemy and stranger things besides to influence what comes out of them.

Tonight is right for love
Loooove Gravyyyyyy

Your asking questions about facts that haven’t been revealed yet. And most likely won’t be until the PTR goes live.

Have patience. But yes, Dragons are so magical that over the centuries of association with certain barbarian tribes, their magic evolved them over time. Hence Dragonspawn. Once that happened certain dragons who had “adopted” these tribes started taking a hand in improving some of them.

Most of Deathwing’s experiments occurred during the time he was going off his rocker.

I know Dragonflight will certainly give some answers, at least about the Dracthyr obviously, but I wanted to know whether the “Dragon flesh-shaping” thing had already been addressed in the lore. And see what theories could be made about that

It doesn’t explain much about Dragon-mortal races hybrids though, does it ? It seems relevant only for the experimental dragonflights

The only explanation ever given was the one I quoted from the canon/non-canon depending on day of the week status of the RPG books.

It will very likely be completely invalidated by the new expansion.

1 Like

Why not? Get some mortal blood and inject it into an egg. Job done.

Deathwing’s experiments after he went off his rocker were for the most part solely in regards to the Twilight Dragonflight which was a success(unlike Sinestra’s Twilight Dragonflight).

He had no part in the Experiments in the Chromatic Dragonflight besides assigning Benedictus to take over from his son Nefarian who worked on Frankenstein-style Reanimation Experiments on his sister Onyxia.

Deathwing was the smartest of the Black Dragonflight’s scientists. He made Chromatic Dragons before Nefarian(in the form of Dracthyr) and they were stable. He made stable versions of Sinestra’s Twilight Dragonflight.

Deathwing was the best of the Black Dragonflight’s Scientists period!