How can you tell what level you are on?

Like what people been talking about, how do we know if we are level 1 on forum access or not?

13 Likes

Also, Is there a link or anything that explains how to get progress to trust level?

7 Likes

Level 1 is easy to get. Most people should get it quickly. It is the other levels that will be more interesting. I’d also like to know how to see what trust level I am.

10 Likes

Still trying to figure that out myself. As for gaining trust, you just read, comment, and like to have trust.

10 Likes

There is a sticky at the top.

5 Likes

That is correct! Plus I forgot there is a character limit.

4 Likes

I think it is an invisible system - that is, if you suddenly see and “embed video” option, you can do that. But otherwise, it doesn’t really show.

3 Likes

interesting. levels for a forum.

4 Likes

It honestly feels really cluttered atm. So many icons and everything feels squished. I really don’t know how to feel about it right now.

12 Likes

If you have finished all of the threads that make you answer a specific question you can just grind out some trolls until you level up.

5 Likes

Trick to see your trust level : go to your summary page and add .json to the adress bar. You’ll see a list of info. Look for the trust level in there (the highest one). I think it’s written in pink.

8 Likes

I wish I knew):

4 Likes

Lol okay then

1 Like

Doesnt work - takes me to a notepad page of gibberish. Can you clarify the exact link as I get my name then / summary and adding .json to that doesnt work.

4 Likes

The page it takes you too is supposed to look a bit like code. That’s normal. I swear I could find my trust level in there. It was written in pink, so it’s a little easier to find. Mind you, don’t just look at the text on the left, mine was written a bit to the right if that makes sense.

2 Likes

This might be more of a help for you, OP.

3 Likes

That’s the JSON code. You need to search it for all occurrences of the text “trust_level”.

It’ll be inside a nested groups structure. You need to be a member of a previous trust level before you go up to the next. So by looking for all occurrences of “trust_level” and looking at the last one you’ll see your trust level.

EG
“groups”:[{“id”:10,“automatic”:true,“name”:“trust_level_0”,“display_name”:“trust_level_0”,“user_count”:68017,“mentionable_level”:0,“messageable_level”:0,“visibility_level”:0,“automatic_membership_email_domains”:null,“automatic_membership_retroactive”:false,“primary_group”:false,“title”:null,“grant_trust_level”:null,“flair_url”:null,“flair_bg_color”:null,“flair_color”:null,“bio_cooked”:null,“public_admission”:false,“public_exit”:false,“allow_membership_requests”:false,“full_name”:null,“default_notification_level”:3,“membership_request_template”:null},{“id”:11,“automatic”:true,“name”:“trust_level_1”,“display_name”:“trust_level_1”,“user_count”:66595,“mentionable_level”:0,“messageable_level”:0,“visibility_level”:0,“automatic_membership_email_domains”:null,“automatic_membership_retroactive”:false,“primary_group”:false,“title”:null,“grant_trust_level”:null,“flair_url”:null,“flair_bg_color”:null,“flair_color”:null,“bio_cooked”:null,“public_admission”:false,“public_exit”:false,“allow_membership_requests”:false,“full_name”:null,“default_notification_level”:3,“membership_request_template”:null},{“id”:12,“automatic”:true,“name”:“trust_level_2”,“display_name”:“trust_level_2”,“user_count”:123,“mentionable_level”:0,“messageable_level”:0,“visibility_level”:0,“automatic_membership_email_domains”:null,“automatic_membership_retroactive”:false,“primary_group”:false,“title”:null,“grant_trust_level”:null,“flair_url”:null,“flair_bg_color”:null,“flair_color”:null,“bio_cooked”:null,“public_admission”:false,“public_exit”:false,“allow_membership_requests”:false,“full_name”:null,“default_notification_level”:3,“membership_request_template”:null},{“id”:13,“automatic”:true,“name”:“trust_level_3”,“display_name”:“trust_level_3”,“user_count”:123,“mentionable_level”:0,“messageable_level”:0,“visibility_level”:0,“automatic_membership_email_domains”:null,“automatic_membership_retroactive”:false,“primary_group”:false,“title”:null,“grant_trust_level”:null,“flair_url”:null,“flair_bg_color”:null,“flair_color”:null,“bio_cooked”:null,“public_admission”:false,“public_exit”:false,“allow_membership_requests”:false,“full_name”:null,“default_notification_level”:3,“membership_request_template”:null}]

I am Trust level 3

8 Likes

It’ll be inside a nested groups structure.

Oh God dont take me back to those.…my early coding classes gave me a headache. Its at 1 now which is all I needed…the system is hierarchical so I get the idea in general.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Trying using your browser’s Find function, with “trust_level”. According to mine, I’m Trust Level 1 now.

Far to complex.

Ya’ll really need a training wheels mode for old players who don’t do twitch or fakebook or readit or whatever it is called.

I figured out the old forum, but this new one is kinda not feeling friendly or informative to me.

5 Likes