How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

The night elves will punish the Alliance. Yes. Horde too.

I dont know. You may need close people of loyalists. They will watch and, preferably, overcome emotions. “I must not break, otherwise the bloody massacre will begin again” or something like that.

1 Like

Okay, fine, so the horde lost…to the horde…yeahhh
…i think you get my point.

If you harm someone and later get harmed by an friend, it didn’t solve you from the harm you did before

The thing with sylvanas is an entirely different topic as the faction topic, the rivalty between the factions

Is this the thread you were talking about? I can see why people might accuse you of roleplaying. Your OP doesn’t make a lot of sense, it sort of meanders around and doesn’t have a clearly defined thesis statement.

I am being entirely genuine here: do you want me to help write a good OP for a new thread about the Alliance story? I love giving people writing help, I do it as part of my job. I promise I wouldn’t bring my Horde bias into it, lol, I just think it’s a good thread idea and could generate some good discussion. TBH, if you say no then I might just make a thread on that myself.

Fair enough. Lord knows the Alliance deserves it for all that the night elves have put up with.

Sure, that could be an element of the quest too. Some random NPCs being forced to watch their family members or allies being killed. I could actually see a lot of night elves being the ones to carry out the executions and including that brutal element, that could help reinforce their ferocity and how they aren’t just purple humans.

I appreciate that you’re willing to have the Alliance do something so dark, though. Even if the executions might be justified, it’s not a very heroic or 100% morally upright thing to do.

That is the one thing I don’t want to happen.

I get that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. It’s just what I wish would happen.

Original

Simplified translation version

Damn, that’s super dark. I applaud you for having unique opinions on where the story should go if nothing else, lol.

I meant more like a thread that centers on the Alliance fixing its own story, as Baal said, separate from the Horde or faction conflict as a whole.

I think so much attention is paid to punishing the Horde that Alliance players forget that so much joy can be found in just developing their own story internally. I mean, when’s the last time much attention has been paid to gnomes? What if there was a storyline that centered on the Alliance banding together to retake Gnomeregan?

Or what about the worgen retaking Gilneas and restoring it back to its former glory, and dedicating a big portion of the city to night elf refugees as thanks for the hospitality and kindness the night elves expressed to the worgen in their time of need?

I’m not saying the Horde needs to be completely ignored, but some Alliance players seem so occupied with nonstop Horde hate fantasizing that they forget that they’re a fan of the Alliance because it’s the Alliance, not just because it hates the Horde.

The Alliance could grow in so many beautiful and interesting ways that doesn’t involve just pillaging and burning. Sure, the Alliance could destroy a Horde city to make the level of destruction somehow “even”. But you know what’s way better? If the Alliance got a new, better city to replace what’s been lost.

4 Likes

“We will restore ours, but only to beat the Horde.” One of the phrases of a conversation with someone.
That is, the goal of recovery is to beat the Horde. The satisfaction gained during recovery is a by-product.

Yes, you also told us that for growth to happen the Horde has to make up for what it did. So all that stuff you agree with is pointless without the Horde “redeeming” itself in the eyes of the Alliance. To wit, Horde rebuilding is dependent on the Alliance saying the Horde is redeemed.

Three people:

Andy
Harold
Billy

Billy grabs Harold’s arm and punches Andy with it.

Billy, then, uses Harold’s arm and punches Harold with it.

Should Andy be able to punch Harold? Why or why not?

:pancakes:

5 Likes

Harold was Andy before. And Harold gave his hand to Billy himself.

What? No.

Billy is Sylvanas, Andy is the Alliance, Harold is the Horde? Or is Billy the Jailer?

Or are the writers involved?

Of course the writers are involved.

Regarding the “Restorative History of the Alliance” - the answer is “no”. I have little idea how a recovery story can be “exciting” and “interesting”. I guess I read too little and watched movies.
However, there is an option “Apocalypse”. When recovery occurs to survive an external, unstoppable threat, such as an ice age. I’m just copying Frostpunk right now.
And just recovery … I shrug my shoulders. Little love stories, detective stories, tragedies and intrigues taking place on construction sites. Is that so.

Then Billy is invisible. Or a ghost. Someone who is hard to hit.
So so my logic.

No, Billy is just bigger than either Andy or Harold. Which is why he’s able to push them around. But you still haven’t answered the question.

2000 :partying_face:

Okay, if you think “right” then Andy shouldn’t hit Harold. But he really wants not to feel pain. And if Harold isn’t there, then … (ominous scream). And there are many options: immobilize Harold, remove his hands, make him a part of himself, kick him out. There is a suspicion that by removing some part of Andy’s body (of the night elves), then the beating will stop.
Demon. I still haven’t answered the question.

It doesn’t work that way because blizzard writes all stories, no matter what they are. I mean, what’s the point? How does that work, please:

The writers write ALL stories, even the ones you like, and now because you don’t like one anymore, it was all the writer’s fault and the ingame faction (I’m talking about the faction, again, not the players) is absolutely innocent? That’s not how it works.

The fact remains: Between the factions, the alliance has a huge backlash open, what will come of it, no idea, if anything will ever come of it, no idea, but the analogy between the writers and the two factions doesn’t work because Billy (The Writer) is always there, because without Billy there would be no story at all.

So, to answer your question, yes, Andy should be able to punch Harold, because, would it be the other way, you would want the same thing :wink:

Personally, I’d rather punch Billy. Because Billy gets his rocks off watching Harold and Andy fight each other over something Billy instigated in the first place.