How can dwarfs be mages

Watch me pull an ale bottle out of my hat! Nothing up my sleeve…

yeet

Presto!

Tink

Didn’t say it’d be full…hic!

This is true. Shaman is really the only class that an individual couldn’t learn in spite of their culture, because it’s the only class that requires permission from an outside force.

Because dwarves are the best.

Why wouldn’t they be?

Dwarves were made by the titans and as such should have a connection to the arcane.

1 Like

So, you are saying if ogre can be mages, orcs can be mages too, 'eh?

Cuz dwarves are awesome, that’s why!!

There is no such thing as “a connection to the arcane.”

Dwarves were made by titans, so their minds are better equipped to understand the rules of arcane.

They are not somehow connected to the concept on a genetic level.

1 Like

Source?

I never said they were.

Connected = they were made by titans whose domain is arcane thus there is a connection there that doesn’t make Dwarf mages implausable.

2 Likes

Dwarves were created by the Titans, they love the Titans, they worship the Titans, they study the Titans.

Mages wield Arcane Magic. Arcane Magic is Order Magic.

The Titans are the ultimate beings of Order and their very blood is Arcane Magic.

You’re missing the point.

The fact that they can use arcane is in no way connected to the titans. That’s not how arcane works.

The ONLY thing you need to use arcane is the physically capacity to learn how arcane works.

Being former titan constructs does not come in to it at all, aside from the fact that having a mind that used to be an arcane computer makes understanding arcane slightly easier.

Just for some reason it’s not available to all races.

Let me have draenei warlocks, and red skin.

Playable manari, those that defected from the legion after it fell.

Literally anything with sentience are capable of casting spells. Even ogres.

Lol again source?

No you are missing the point. The OP was asking in light of dwarf lore from other IPs that cast dwarves as magic resistant and cannot be mages.

And the point is they don’t NEED a why, as long as they have functioning eyes and the ability to process words they read.

Anyone can summon a demon and tap into the fel. Anyone. It’s playing with very dangerous fire (much like the Void Elves with their shadow shenanigans), but there doesn’t need to be a lore precedent for warlocks, imo. It’s literally the practice of summoning demons and using fel energy.

Unlike mages, who actually have to have some kind of talent or affinity for magic to develop the skills, a warlock just needs to be arrogant enough to believe he/she can control demonic forces…and brave enough to give it a whirl.