How are you role playing the war campaign’s conclusion?

I haven’t touched BfA, but the story has affected a number of my characters. I’m not sure what to do with them.

1 Like

As a ghost from an alternate timeline, I just facepalm a lot.

1 Like

Most of my characters are “for Azeroth” already and glad the fighting is stopping for now. Otherwise they are rather removed from the wat anyway.

1 Like

Kali is doing what he does best saving lives of Azerothian citizens through means of medicine and his light mendings,being a doctor gives him that freedom of versatile writing. His brother will go on undermining all of Sylvanas’ efforts happy to see more of the horde realizing how evil she is.

My worgen will be a little iffy to the thought of working with horde but will cooperate if it means putting a genocidal monster in her place likewise with my druid. My priest being the sweet bean that he is will continue being his pacifist self.

The majority of my characters are relieved that the pressure of the faction war is finally abating, in addition to having new allies to help combat threats. It’ll take time for some to fully trust the new Horde, of course, but it’s a start.

Oddly enough, it’s my villains that have the problem. Allianceside–can’t really actively hunt Horde anymore, without a breach of conduct, sooooo…those ones are going rogue. Hordeside–most sided with Sylvanas or had shady dealings with loyalists and are now in too deep to escape the fallout. I daresay the majority of those will be executed for their crimes, which is an ignoble end but a fitting one.

1 Like

Mal’valen feels fully justified in having renounced the Forsaken back in Cataclysm. My two other former Forsaken characters (who had just recently left them) are kind of reeling from this.

Other than that, really no big change except relief that the war is finally over, which means less chance that their little neutral kingdom is going to be ambushed again.

At this recent stage, Vencio isn’t sure anymore upon political stances between Horde and Alliance as he still feels skeptical of the boy-king with such pacifism that Vencio fears it might cause a political struggle from within as many others may have similar views as his.

Nothing ever justifies the sudden attack and torching genocide that the Night Elves endure, it went beyond provocation and that cannot be forgiven nor forgotten. Our ancient allies were harassed greatly beyond reckoning.

1 Like

Asana is neutral to the factions and not a member of the Alliance, though she is a frequent ally. So she’s not all that emotionally invested in it. She was actually becoming so exasperated that she was on the verge of just leaving the war altogether. But she is relieved that it’s over and is glad to see Sylvanas finally removed from the Horde.

Knowing more important fights are on the way, she’s taking this chance to relax and have some fun elsewhere. The fallout and politics between the factions are completely uninteresting to her.

My other characters vary. Many are neutral too, others are faction loyal. They’re all glad to see it ended though. They don’t tend to be vengeance-seeking sorts.

I stayed loyal to the one true Warchief. My Horde buddies did not and signed up to be part of the greenskin rebellion. This will lead to some… awkward conversations. Maybe some hurt feelings. Who knows.

2 Likes

I’m having some fun with it, tbh.

OOC I don’t really have anything against any faction, it’s all fun and games. IC, though… I’m just a soldier, that’s all I’ve ever been and I like it like that, so when there was talk of all this peace with the Horde… Well, it got heated.

So, right now I’m playing it as I’ve been thrown from the game. My superior’s didn’t appreciate my thoughts on the matter and sent me on-leave until they feel I won’t be a liability to the peace.

It has been REALLY fun playing the hot-headed, angry mess after everything that’s happened. :slightly_smiling_face:

~Maddie

Like many Forsaken Imfernal, and a lot of my other characters, were loyalists. Despite hearing/learning that Sylvannas doesn’t care for us, for the Horde, Imfernal has more or less been pissed and spiteful, though also in denial. Being OG Forsaken there has to be something else going on… right?

If anything he’s grown even more distrustful of orcs, now the second time they’ve ruined the Horde, and can’t get past how leaders of the Horde would rather turn traitor than deal with their conflicts outright. He’ll be weary for some time, that is for sure.

Others, of various non-Forsaken races, are simply devastated and are looking to regain some footing. The Horde is in shambles again and what is there to do? They don’t trust the leaders of the rebellion, but loyalist forces are likely to be treated with contempt. Most will probably fall back into obscurity for some time, simply trying to see how this shakes out.

Of the five I RP…

Dao-Yi here is simpleminded. She didn’t rebel because she had no idea how to contact them. She was a soldier, yes, but when Sylvanas left she just went about business as usual. No different to when she joined around the time of Seige to her.

Xie’chi and Jinzhe, my MG Pandaren on the Horde and Alliance, both fought on the Rebellion’s side and then went to the nearby Brewfest, got absolutely drunk and Xie’chi ended up having to be smuggled out of Stormwind afterwards. She stays with the Horde because its her home, she doesn’t care for the leaders, but for the people. Jinzhe… she’s watching and waiting.

My Goblin Hunter Nezz Gearbomb is a bounty hunter so business as usual.

Finally my Dark Iron Dwarf Warrior Bertha Cinderhammer… well she’s just glad there’s a break. She felt cheated out of a good fight but the forge is there for her anger.

Of my characters…

Florena is skeptical of the new peace. She was around during MOP. She’s seen this whole song and dance before, and doesn’t trust the horde to actually change. At the same time, she recognizes the war has been costly and there are other looming threats, and that continuing to fight the horde after the Banshee Queen deserted it and other dark forces are in play, she sees the wisdom in backing off, for now. Resources are finite and in her lifetime, there was a plague outbreak and Scourge invasion preceding Wrath, the freaking Cataclysm and everything after it, an invasion by orcs from another timeline, a global Legion invasion, and the Najatar stuff in BFA. There’s no way she’s going to trust that all that existential threat crap is going to lay off and let the Alliance focus on just the Horde for long. Florena is willing to cooperate, but she won’t forget what the horde has done and pretend Sylvanas was the only one to blame.

Kirelle is a bit disappointed because if the war dies down that means less privateer type work for her. She’s more…indirectly alliance in a sense because her mentor and current employer is Alliance but otherwise would be with the Blackwater Raiders.

Revenwyn feels relief that maybe, just maybe, she can return to her blood elf husband. Neither one of them wanted war between the factions, but both realized that Sylvanas needed deposed. Her husband sat the war out because he didn’t want to follow Sylvanas’ orders, until he found out about Saurfang’s rebellion. Both decided loyalists were fair game.

Ben Grandblade is skeptical of the longevity of the peace, but he trusts his leadership. He’s harbored a deep hatred for the Banshee Queen and her callous disrespect of life for a while now, so seeing the Horde divorce from her is something. He’s met a lot of good Horde members through the rebellion, including Forsaken, so he’s clinging on to those examples going forward.

Of course, if there aren’t reparations pursued for Teldrassil and Gilneas, then it’ll be a different story.

1 Like

Posting this IC.

There be spoilers here

There was a reason chess was only played in two dimensions. Ratheron peered through one of his many eyes as the Horde and Alliance both came together, as they always did. He slid a white rook across the board, claiming the black queen- and then removed the white rook as well.

“And so, at the cost of his own life, the High Overlord forces the banshee queen to flee the board, and in such a manner as to deplete her allies as well. Well played Saurfang. Well played indeed. I would have relished the chance to measure myself against you… but alas, that chance seems to have passed me by.”

With a turn of his head, he caught a snide comment from Sylvanas, which he couldn’t help but laugh at. “Foolish girl… no one and nothing serves Death. Death simply is. And it is hubris to claim that any one person is Death. I’d have thought you’d have learned that lesson by now… but clearly that brain of yours has begun to rot.” He smirked, leaning back in his throne. Then smiled at the sight of the Horde and Alliance united once again.

“Stand together, Azeroth… you’ve been running this marathon for a very long time, and while your legs might tremble and ache, you can’t afford to fall now. Not here, not now.” He closed his eyes, “But, you’ll be able to rest soon.” When his eyes open, they are perfect black, not fel green. The dreadlord’s smile creeps from one ear to the next. “Imus, nunc in ultimis capitibus, in quibus mors manet.” He recites, in some manner of dead language.

Translation for the horrible pig-latin in the snippet: “We go now into the final chapters, wherein death awaits us.”

In the mind of Hawke…

“Hunting season!”
honestly, hawke hates undead and thinks every time he kills one, he’s doing them a favor, suffering soul and what not, just cause they have free will, doesn’t mean they wont push their suffering onto others.

so any undead he gets to kill? it’s all good, he hates them both out of fear and anger anyway.

2 Likes

Bittersweet to say the least.

The tyrant warchief has capitulated and the war is over. Mazhar is happy about that. The bloodshed is over. He can go back home now to Stormwind with a sense of patriotism.

In an ideal Azeroth, the total destruction of the Horde would ensure enduring peace and security for the people of the Alliance, but at the bare minimum there is at least peace. Even if Mazhar would have preferred the said outcome.

Mazhar doesn’t consider himself an “Azerothian”. He staunchly maintains his identity as being a first and foremost a member of the Alliance before anyone else. He’s not buying the narrative Anduin is trying to sell.

At the same time, Mazhar is concerned about the Night Elves. There has yet to be proper recompense for Teldrassil. If there isn’t any, Perhaps he’ll resort to other means.

1 Like

Perfectia is more then a little worried about Sylvanas and is more then a little uneasy about how much her plan depends on N’Zoth’s on what she has in store.

Nathanos has told her repeatedly that she must trust in the Warchiefs plan.

Perfectia wants to help Sylvanas in anyway she can. Whatever is takes to fulfill her dream, she’s willing to do. But she won’t let her become manipulated, if she looses herself and her dream and just ends up eating out of someones’s hand…

Well she is willing to fight to bring the old Sylvanas back and if she can’t get through to her, she is willing to rely on any allies she can find. Even allies that she has grown to hate over the they years.

Draelius was initially confused; seeing what appeared to be members of the Horde being branded as “former loyalists” and paraded around Orgrimmar in chains; vendors shouting insults and refusing services to others deemed as “former loyalists.” He thinks to himself “How are they any different than I?”

A whisper, for once not from the “gift” of N’zoth, enters his mind: The swamp.

The memory floods back. While searching for Saurfang, he hears a voice - Zekhan - urgently declaring to assist the High Overlord. Draelius turns toward Zekhan. “I will not betr…”

He hears it; the first utterance, unlike any that have entered his mind before: The fate of Saurfang must be completed.

The rest is but a blur.

Draelius notices an orc staring at him as the memory fades away. “I can’t stand the smell of orcs,” he jokes, hoping his sense of humor will avoid a conversation. There’s no longer a need to be in Orgrimmar at this time. Hopefully Dreadscar Rift will have another cache of tomes to be pored over.

The Dark Lady’s teachings have prepared him for the coming days. To stop wishing, to stop hoping, to stop dreaming… to plan, to act, to overcome; to understand what is real and to have conviction in what needs to done. She will one day return to us. In the meantime, The Black Harvest has a Legion to rebuild…