How are you guys gearing for M+?

Are they bringing Valor upgrading back?

Can’t remember if M0 gear is upgradable if so. Don’t want to bother running M0’s if Ima have to refarm a bunch of +2, etc. gear to start with when the season starts.

Valor great is returning. Idk if this week’s m0 stuff is upgradable from the appropriate dungeons, but I’m not sweating the m0s. When +2 comes out, you can just go crazy anyway.

1 Like

Yeah kind of my thought. Gotta grind an honor set, was just gonna spam some heroics and call it good enough until M+ drops most likely.

The difference between 0 and 2 is 3ilvls, big whoop. Rather work on profs

1 Like

I’m playing 5 toons and just doing weeklies on 4 and raid on one. Till meta settles. Then I’ll push what’s fits my group. if I can make bdk work in high keys I’ll stay bdk.

1 Like

I’m gonna try KSH for the first time against all odds as Rsham. A lot of people saying they’re quitting theirs atm, but I’ll see what I can do. I love it in keys too much to play something else.

1 Like

Depends on if you’ve got a group or if you’re pugging. If you’re pugging, you want every advantage you can get so people will pick you up or you’ll be running your own key until you actually have some gear to show for it.

This is the only way to pug, imo. Even allowing friends to build the group is sketchy in my experience. Impatience is usually the culprit. Sometimes grabbing a poor candidate just to get on with it. Not this time.

That said, group building is a science that has to be learned through trial and error.

Quick tips for anyone building who wants to win more than they fail:

Never invite anyone who whispers you with irrelevant information (raid achievement, how long they’ve been waiting, etc.).
If someone seems mouthy before the key goes in or makes comments about waiting for everyone to be ready, boot them and replace.
If you aren’t a tank, don’t just invite the first one to sign up, tanks are the most important indicator of success and too many people lower the bar and pay for it.

2 Likes

Pretty good advice.

I kick people who sit around expecting summons (including tanks, Ima get geared, etc. regardless, 10 more minutes waiting isn’t gonna make me or break me). Not abundantly important, it’s a pet-peeve of mine.

I almost never invite people who whisper me, 99/100 they’re bad, or impatient and ragey. Good players don’t need to promote themselves. (I only do KSM, higher keys may require whispers, duno)

I don’t sit and wait for meta classes, I just take whatever qualified people sign up. I’ll take a day 1 main over the billionth reroller.

But yeah, I’ve got an extremely high success rate only pugging with just those 3 things. I also don’t spaz out on people over honest mistakes, or tolerate other people doing it. Arguing wastes more time than wiping, and in 30+ years of gaming I’ve never seen anyone play better after someone trash talked them.

8 Likes

yeah i agree… especially at the higher levels of play, a person knows when they make a mistake…so they don’t need 4 other strangers telling them about it. everyone has off game days

also that sorta stress is very distracting and can lead to even more performance issues…that’s why people talk trash in competitive PvP games to get an edge sometimes…not something you want to do to your own teammates

anyway, i think all that feedback is most appropriate for end of the run…and preferably not in rage whispers :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

The people who leave keys without a good reason (super scuffed, repeated wipes before first boss, etc) are often the players with inflated egos. If you can see them from a mile away, your win ratio goes up by a lot.

Everyone can get frustrated, but some people start with unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes

I’ve just been pugging regular dungeons trying to get my iLevel up to 342, so I can run heroic dungeons. I’m thinking now I’ll do some random BG’s to fill out a few slots with honor gear.

You can get KSH on anything. Or you could just do like you did on the arena forums and try to make friends with people who will carry you.

and it’s just totally unnecessary in decent key levels. anybody who’s qualified to be in your key in the first place knows they screwed up. they don’t need anybody piling on them. we all make mistakes and we all know it could be us next time.

1 Like