How Are We Finding the Nerfs?

Since the changes to Stampede, how are people finding things?

I remember doing the meta in Argus and a few of those fights would have been impossible after the Stampede nerfs. Also not sure how Blackrock Depths are now.

I’d be curious if anyone has any experience to share about how things are now.

As someone who is doing and levelling up a ton of pets to go into these dungeons I would love to hear as well.

A lot of it depends on which strats you use it in. For some of the fights where your first 1 or 2 pets were previously enough to kill a boss style fight, you now use 3 as the first 2 don’t do enough damage. For tighter fights where it was part of a coordinated strategy, it can totally wreck it.

The separate nerfs to black claw and shell shield like abilities are probably more impactful for the strats I used. Take Aki, I used the Kneebiter/clockwork gnome strat. In this strat you don’t combine black claw and hunting party at all, you use them separately. The strat relies on the kneebiter putting black claw on the dragon and then dying (so no hunting party) and then the clockwork gnome puts up the turret for the dragon’s second round and that + black claw usually kills it. Now it doesn’t, so the dragon lives more than 2 rounds and wrecks the strat unless I get lucky.

I still need to do more testing when I get time, but a lot of carry pet strats were affected pretty negatively for me (both due to stampede nerfs and black claw/shell shield nerfs). It slows down pet levelling for me either because level 1 strats no longer work and I have to “pre level” them or it just replaces my strat with a slower one.

It isn’t all gloom and doom, but it will depend on what strats you use and for what. I haven’t tested argus battles…just not enough time.

I think the best thing you can do is try them out and see if your strats get wrecked or not and post back here so more voices/input.

I’m not happy at all. I’m trying to get the last dungeon done (Blackrock) and pre-nerfed I was having problems with Alran Heartshade only, Now I can’t get past the first boss. They didn’t seem to have atune the dungeons accordingly with the pet changes. :tired_face:

Have done the Pandaria pet trainer circuit for a couple days now, Aki the only one where I had to go with a different team. Some of the others seem to require slight changes of strategy with the existing teams but all so far have been doable, even the ones that work with a level 1 carry pet. Many of the battles are lot closer than they used to be and suspect may be more RNG dependent but haven’t had bad luck so far.

I’m grateful I’ve done all the dungeons already, the nerfs there sound brutal.

I’m disappointed that Blizzard made these nerfs and did not make appropriate balance changes to correspond to the reduced power. I had hoped they would have more foresight, or alternatively give a damn.

Sigh.

1 Like

It looks like the character experience for pet battles was un-nerfed, though not sure if intentionally. I’ve gotten a couple easy levels in Dalaran with Fight night while leveling pets. 26 fights got me 91% of lvl 49 before I ran out of leveling Q

Adding to my comment about Pandaria trainers, Draenor trainer circuit no problem at all with the usual teams. Gargra even easier in fact as it’s his team’s Wolfus that has its Call The Pack ability nerfed.

I run around with 3 ikkys now instead of 1 with 2 foul feathers for backup. I kid you not, I use these 5 pets to clear the 3 in between fights in blackrock lol.