How are things in Netherwind?

Hey everyone, I’m from one of the more populated realms and was thinking about making use of the paid xfer to one of the medium pops, being Netherwind one of my options.

Main reason for the realm swap is looking for a healthier PvP and questing enviroment.

Right now in my realm all the areas 50+ are just impossible to play in, death squads camp players constantly, resources are very scarce and some places require multiple deaths in order to do the simplest stuff. Definitely not my experience back in the day.

I’m alliance btw. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Last I knew, Netherwind was fairly even regarding horde vs allie. The roaming death squads have disappeared besides a group heading to instances.
Our realm was opened 2 or 3 weeks after launch. Which I think gave us an older player base. The griefing is pretty minimal.

1 Like

Agreed alliance horde relationship is pretty good. I’ve been helped by horde and have helped horde with quests. FP camping is a thing and Blackrock Mountain is a crapshoot.

2 Likes

Second the friendly bits, but don’t think it’s not a PVP server. Plenty goes on, just has it’s downtimes. It’s definitely not an ‘Attack enemy on sight’ type of PVP server. I’ve gotten a lot of /poke and /wave… etc from allies.

1 Like

Netherwind seems to be an overall balanced server, I ran into alliance many times and they haven’t bothered me, but on Incendious it seemed like there was way more warfare. If you don’t mess with them, they won’t mess with you. But there is a lot of world PVP to be had if you feel like you’re up to the challenge

1 Like

Its a bloated dumpster fire now. Its not even close to a functional server any more.

1 Like

Thinking of coming here from herod, just 1 character a Nelf Druid, two main differences in me making the move here are POP which you guys are considered High now on the rise obv not herod full but high enough. and that you are ALLY favored. Herod is instant Queue, i dont expect that but on like a monday night can i get in a BG in 10min? will i get ganked WPVP in STV lol? these are just my going from full to lower pop server nub questions. Thanks!

There are no differences in BG queues between servers, its all one big battlegroup especially now that east and west are combined

on what terms?

On every term. The population went a stable medium (~2000 raiders) to over 6000 in a couple weeks. The queue tonight is over 1000 long… its asinine.

Blizzard support is dead silent on the situation too… LOL

1 Like

If you’re alli don’t come here. We went from a fairly even faction balance and then suddenly multiple alli guilds transferred here and now the balance is starting to heavily favor alli while also adding to the overpopulation of the server.

I actually already made the move a couple nights ago, I see some drama in the forums about the unbalance. first off the rise in pop is not bad there 17th rn just surpassed incendius who drastically fell the last couple weeks. the server is growing because the top 10 realms were locked and netherwind was the most populated well balanced server after the top 10. dont worry lads untill were like 65/35 further more and horde holds it down in Wpvp my world defense channel has been lighting up these past couple nights.

This server is no good, stay away. get off my lawn!

2 Likes

1 hour que times already. Find another home.

1 Like

It was a nice balanced server. Not anymore.
The jagoffs that transferred killed this server-the economy, balance, added hour long queue times, massive amounts of bots . A lot of horde are transferring off Netherwind. I’m just de-subbing. I don’t have time for this and am not paying for a transfer. I rerolled here from Herod on the day this server opened to avoid queue times. Now you did this. GG Blizz, you killed this server…

1 Like