🌚 How are shadow priests for pvp

The Average Raid wasn’t very well organized in Vanilla. Raid discipline in general wasn’t as good in Vanilla as you think it was. Or have you missed all the discussions about how the typical 40 man raids had 15-ish players who were “Dead weight” that others carried? Those guys, and sometimes it was part of the other 25 that weren’t, were the ones who were “helping” over-write the buffs the raid leadership actually wanted to be up there.

I also know that on Mannoroth at the end of Vanilla, shadow priests being brought into raids were very much the exception not the rule.

Yes, we were aware of some world first guilds doing it, and that some of the top tier guilds on our server, including vodka, were experimenting with it. But it was hardly something that was taken as a given of “of course you bring a shadow priest” to the Raid to buff your Warlocks.

That and well, finding PvE Shadopriests on a PvP sever in general was like finding a needle in a haystack, finding a good one being even more of a challenge.

That’s not what he is saying, he isn’t saying that the debuff isn’t worth it, he is saying that most pug groups will only bring dps classes and nothing else because they don’t understand the meta…but they understand it enough to bring only top dps classes. Which makes no sense.

On a side note, you mind linking that thread? Because whoever made that thread is extremely misinformed as warlocks are 2nd best dps in the game after a certain point.

Where have I said a Shadow Priest would be rejected by a Pug? I’ve been constantly bringing up the “average raid” and distinguishing it from Pugs. Expressly because PUG raids will generally take what they can get.

So now you’re back to raids not bringing them because there is no raid discipline for debuffs? How would they have trouble gettings into raids that are unorganized and don’t care who they bring when they are bringing in ‘dead weight’ anyway? What your arguing and what you’re saying are literally counter-intuitive to each other.

You can’t say,
“Raids are unorganized and just bring whoever and have a lot of dead weight”
and
“Raids won’t bring shadow priests because they want to min/max dps”

That makes no sense.

You’ve obviously never dealt with the politics involved in 40 man raiding.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2502869-Stacking-Spirit-as-a-Shadow-Priest

It’s not all about that, but seriously, here’s a gem:

you put warlocks with the s priest. Vampiric embrace heals lets them life trap with impunity. Far more efficient than having a healer priest do the debuff in all regards

except how much shadow damage you gunna do if you cant put up any of your dots…?’

Granted this person also believed that Classic had 8 debuff slots til ZG instead of 16 all along

How do you not understand that these two scenarios literally can’t exist in the same raid. You literally described two different raids. How do you not get that?

You assume people are logical and internally consistent in their application of said logic.

You must not get out much.

It has happened before, it will happen again. It is very likely anybody looking to raid as a shadowpriest is going to encounter this. Unless they happen to be good enough to be playing in one of the “top end” raid guilds.

Not saying the positions are particularly valid, just that they exist. And I think you’ll find Classic raids are going to continue to have problems properly managing their 16 debuff limit. Even with the tools available these days to help them find the people who knocked the debuffs off.

You will melt faces as a shadow priest in pvp.

Ah okay, so it wasn’t a thread discussing that shadow priests were bad, it’s just a thread where someone who doesn’t understand vanilla dps at all commented on it claiming warlocks and spriests were bad. That’s a little different lol

Let me be crystal clear with you so there is no confusion. You didn’t just describe a raid that doesn’t make sense as in, it’s a bad raid. You described two completely different raids. That’s like me saying, “Well you see guilds will be making raids specifically with only melee, like rogues and warrios, so that means that the raid will only consist of mages”.

What you said is impossible.

I know of one such raid that made it well into Naxx during Vanilla which operated that way. (My guild parted ways with them before AQ, so don’t look at me)

I’ve heard of many others.

You are so delusional to what is going on and what you said it actually makes me worry for the human race.

Nah, it’s mostly a simple question, but there’s a few posters who tried to take it over with “lol shadow is bad!” and “lol, no one brings warlocks”. I’m going holy atm, but I’d totally rock shadow when we need it, and if we get tbc, yea, going shadow.

Not to mention both shadowguard and fear ward are magic effects as well. Fear ward can be dispelled by classes that fear, lol

Totally sweet lookin.

Shadowguard and FW and infinitely more difficult to dispell as a priest is going to have at least 3-5 buffs up at most times. Not to mention they are either really low or no cooldown so putting them back up is effortless. DP is a 3 minute cooldown that gets cleansed on the first try everytime.

It’s like that expression about “idiot proofing” things. Nature provides a “better” idiot who can defeat it.

You can continue to think I’m delusional. Your world view is probably safer that way. Humanity’s ability to defeat itself never ceases to amaze. That said, a lot of Shadow Priests are going to encounter probems trying to get into nonPUG raids. And it isn’t going to always be because they already have one.

Although anecdotally, it looks like a lot people are under the delusion they’re going to be raiding as Shadow this time around…

Dispelled many a fear ward on my vanilla undead priest. And come to think of it locks don’t even have to dispel it, as their fear has no cooldown/they usually just kill spriests anyway.

A good priest can still play undead and do well. It is not as much of a gamechanger as you guys are making it out to be.

If you honestly think shadow priests will not make it into raids, then you just don’t understand vanilla enough. I mean this sincerely. Idc what groups you think exist as the norm, they don’t. Anyone who has raided vanilla raids over the last 5 years will tell you this. Idk what makes you think the pserver mentality and the retail classic mentality will be any different. It’s not like pservers only brought in min/maxers…

And just to be clear once again, I’m not saying your delusional as in I think groups will be smarter than you think they will be. I’m saying you’re delusional because you are literally not making any sense at all. Do you understand what I’m saying to you or no?