🌚 How are shadow priests for pvp

Depends by your definition of god awful. Boring? Maybe. Extremely efficient and steady paced while being extremely safe. For sure.

Because those raids are going to be less concerned about the meta, and more interested in the raw DPS numbers. When you bring the one shadowpriest for utility, rather than DPS, for the raids that are “doing it right” that means a Shaowpriest in other settings is going to have a rough time in the 40 man raids.

Which isn’t to mention that “the shadowpriest” that many of those raids brought along wasn’t “A shadowpriest” as many players would prefer to think of them(in shadow form).

I remember it being slow and difficult to level. Maybe because when I first started playing I rolled priest and had 0 clue what to do. I’m definitely going to roll priest when classic comes out.

Mana regen worked differently after patch 1.4. The change that was made was huge for casters in general. Also priest solo leveling IS painful unless you have your talents specced one of two ways. Which means it is very easy to make it far more painful than it could to be.

If the opposing player has a face you can turn it from a solid to a liquid. If they have pets with faces you’ll have the same ability. If the opposing player and/or pets don’t have faces, then you’ll have the ability to turn the place where their face would be (if they had one) from solid to liquid form. Sometimes it’s like wax from a burning candle. Other times it’s like a piece of ice turning to water. I’ve even seen some of the melted material begin to vaporize. It can be quite effective.

1 Like

Priest leveling is one of the faster solo levelers, throw in something like a warrior and you’ve got a non stop leveling duo.

Wand spec and spirit tap, front load your spells, kill with wand and never worry about drinking.

Raids bringing people for raw dps is literally raids concerned about the meta, once again what you’re saying is counter-intuitive to what you are trying to say.

If they are smart enough to know that warlocks pump out a lot of damage, they are smart enough to know bringing one single priest will boost that damage more. Plus the groups you’re referring to where they are just looking to pick up whoever, generally will not turn away a soul and pick up things like enhance shamans and whatever they can come across.

You’re all over the place are you referring to the private servers again or vanilla? Because back in vanilla they were 100% the shadow priests you are referring to with the shadow form and all. The shadow weaving healer became popularized in private servers…

Dude I’m not even sure how to argue with you anymore you are literally all over the place with fact-less, random, mis-informed comments.

My duo is going to be a mage. :frowning:

you’ll still be fine, free water if needed!

But try to get the killing blow to proc spirit tap

Definite yes to Spirit tap for soloing, Wand is a little less important than people want to make it out to be, but it certainly doesn’t hurt.

it’s more important at lower levels then higher, i’m talking those first 30-40 levels

1 Like

The ones I’m talking about who don’t care about the meta, and only care about the raw numbers are the guys that only look at Damage Meters. They don’t bother to consider other factors that may have been buffing or mitigating their numbers(in other words “the meta”).

It’s still a meta, just a different meta.

If you bring nothing but rogues and mages for dps because they bring the most dps, that’s a meta, people who don’t care about meta will bring who’s available no matter what they are.

1 Like

You’re confusing the “average raid” with “the average pug” while the two might be comparable in a lot of ways, they’re not the same thing.

I have never seen a single vanilla raid in my 2 years of raiding vanilla retail and 5 years of raiding private servers made entirely out of healers, tanks, and just specifically high damage dealing classes. If you are basing a shadow priests chance for getting into a raid off of this really awkward group you’re referring to then you need to rethink how most groups are formed.

Most of the groups are formed in a couple ways, a guild who is bringing the best comp possible, a guild who is short on people and just need some warm bodies, or a pug just picking up whatever they can to form the raid.

In none of these cases will a shadow priest be turned away, unless the group has 0 warlocks in it. It’s as if you made up this rare scenario in your head, claimed it as the norm, and then concluded with shadow priests will never find a group…and then you tried to base this off the ‘fact’ that you think the 16 debuff slot is too small and groups will want to use it for something else…even though you just said they aren’t worried about debuffs…

I’m sorry but you’re too over the place with this to have any meaningful conversation with you as you keep moving your goal post every other post lol.

Do you honestly think a pug is going to find a complete raid group with just mages, warriors, and rogues? Do you think that’s how pugs work? Why do you keep changing your argument first you said the 16 debuff is too small and makes them unwanted as other debuffs are needed, then you said that raids will just overwrite their buffs because they are unorganized, now you’re saying they aren’t brought because pugs only want top dps. What is going on in your head son lol.

It’s a meta, but not “the meta.” Bringing top tier self-supporting DPS is a (meta) strategy, just not very good at looking at the overall “meta” that exists, as it is ignoring a lot of other things. It barely qualifies as a “meta” because there isn’t much “meta” about that plan, as it only looks at a single data point, “Who can top the damage meter?”

The Shadowpriest gets cut because he’s “low DPS,” while ignoring what he allowed others(warlocks) to do.

You understand that your little head scenario never happens in real life right? You are literally making this up.

It’s not really in their head unfortunately… there’s a thread over on MMO-champ arguing that warlocks did awful dps and bringing a shadow priest to buff them was useless

1 Like