How are beta invites determined - I've never had one since vanilla?

I know there are a gazillion people playing this game and the odds of snagging a beta invite are remote (plus I’m obviously not a streamer) , but I wonder what the criteria is for a beta invite? I’ve been a loyal player of the game since vanilla and I even have two accounts but I’ve never had a beta invite. I have guildies who have beta invites who are reasonably recent players to the game. Can anyone shed any light?

Outside of certain people such Blizz employee friends and family, content creators for advertising purposes, and top raid/M+/PvP players for targeted testing, as far as we’re aware for the vast majority of the playerbase it’s completely random.

Based on what I know from other betas I’m sure some are selected based on hardware configuration and other metrics that they need testing for, but all you can really do is be sure you’re opted in (it’s a separate opt in for each beta test now) and hope you get selected.

1 Like

All of the above.

Also blizzard like to keep the people that report bugs and stuff ect.

You’re all wrong! I, Chromie, of the Dragonflight determine who gets a tbc beta key. Only those who know the air velocity of an unladen swallow are worthy.

Mostly streamers and early CE players get the 1st wave of invites… streamers because they promote the game and CE players because they’re technically the only ones that have actually beaten the current expansion and have nothing else to do on retail.

When the SL beta was happening I knew people that got an invite a few days after getting CE N’zoth lol.

So if you’re not a streamer or High end mythic raider/pvp’r, you just need to be extremely lucky.
Also make sure you opt into the betas lol that’s the first step.