How active is MG nowadays?

Hello!

I’ve been on a long hiatus from WoWrp and am very tempted to return.

I’ve been RPing on WoW for over 10 years. Both on WrA and MG. Horde and Alliance.

I’m creating this post to see if there is still a large RP community on this server. I’m not a guild-oriented person and have found all of my RP enjoyment comes from being in a small group of 3-5 people with a similar mindset. I’m wondering if that is still thing on this server?

I don’t care much for the drama and have always ignored it. Being solely focuse on RP.

MG is very much active I moved from Dalaran server to MG and met so many good friends their waaay more populated and still is

2 Likes

Tons of RP… too much to handle sometimes! Come on back home to us. We’ve missed ya’.

2 Likes

Patience will be (eventually) rewarded. I’ve been pleasantly surprised a few times lately by running into some very good RPers who weren’t all about whatever guild, just picking up on whatever hooks I had out there in the name of a fun interaction.

It’s got the hustle and the bustle for what it’s worth. If nothing else there is plenty of opportunity if you keep digging.

Mg is massive, you will not struggle to find rp here at all. If you are looking for small group stuff? WrA still has a very active playerbase for that as well. We dont have a lot of big city walk up rp like MG does but we have a ton of community centered World rp!

1 Like

“Speakin’ as a returnin’ Dwarf an’ wha’ not. I can say tha’ some people ar’ ‘ateful against us Dwarfs bu’ others are a right deligh’ tha’ I adore. It’s been a blas’ bu’ there are some bad apples ou’ there still. Thankfully I go’ me ale an’ mead ta drown them ou’.”

Edit: OOC talk: Yeah there are some bad apples who claim to “like RP” and have been spiteful if you don’t fit their criteria but I’ve done many walk up RPs with people and it’s been a blast. Met a few great pals so far here on MG. Hope it keeps going great for me and this is my new home permanently.

Yep. You will definitely have no problem finding walk-up RP in Stormwind. Plenty of that there but once you get to the outskirts and wide open spaces of Khaz Modan it gets tougher. Yesterday, I did see an elf and a worgen up at Aerie Peak.

Where are the active hubs horde-side?

I remember SMC being the main one about a decade ago.

Horde side usually has some stuff going on around ORG on the weekends. But right now, people are mostly keeping to their guilds for their RP and some open world stuff. Pretty sure there is a discord for Horde stuff floating around somewhere.
For me, I usually am out in the open world with some buddies and running into random people who are also out and about.
Horde doesnt have the size as Alliance does right now, but I feel like what it’s lacking in quantity is very much making up in quality.
Horde side RP means you will have to walk up to people… which I know a lot of people feel is unheard of and unthinkable to do. So sadly, if you are one of those people, you may have to do the insane and actually step out of that comfort zone and talk to someone.

Sounds right up my alley. I hate hanging in the main cities.

I’ll be on the lookout for weary travelers. Thank you!

1 Like

Here is a Horde Community that runs events! I can say we have some cool stuff planned for the coming months!

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen these past couple years, Horde RP does require a bit more OOC outreach in order to find community. It’s more contained in guilds/community servers these days, rather than just something you can stumble upon. So if you’re looking to find a group of long-term RP partners, I’d recommend going to a major city like Org or Valdrakken and just kinda reading TRPs and contacting people who you’d be interested in setting up stories with.

Walk-ups are still a thing in Org but idk it’s a bit limited… and especially as a blood elf lmao, god do I miss SMC RP.

3 Likes

Appreciate it thank you!

And yes. You never know how good it was until it’s gone. 2012 - 2018 was some of the most fun I had on this server.

2 Likes