How About them Fresh TBC Servers

So when TBC was released Blizz released fresh servers along with tbc, I was hoping this would be the case again, something about going in to tbc content with people not having the best items and hoards of gold at their disposal is far more interesting to me then playing on developed servers.

23 Likes

I agree with you, but there’s like 30+ other forums posts about this same topic. They’re all a complete clusterf**k and a great example of the types of people you will meet playing a 15 year old MMO.

1 Like

They don’t want any more dead servers.

Id bet the fresh servers if released are overpopulated. pure speculation on my end ofc but id be willing to bet on it.

4 Likes

You will probably get fresh servers after launch. Holly insinuated that it would be looked into later, but for now, they want to ensure a smooth launch and iron out the details of rollout.

Perhaps, but I don’t think that many people are interested in starting completely fresh on isolated servers.

Fresh servers with no boosts for a specified amount of time with no transfers and they will be full servers imo.

11 Likes

I think from Blizzard’s viewpoint that’s just not realistic to them

They’re about to create 80 dead museum servers so obviously they have have no problem with the idea.

7 Likes

Please make this a top forum thread.

1 Like

I really think it looks like they were asking about Classic Vanilla servers, not specifically New TBC servers.

Though, I think it would be a great idea to release New TBC servers at Pre-Patch so they only have one set of Phases to deal with.

It is likely the fresh servers will be progressive, eventually moving on to BC. I feel that is a good choice for people who want a fresh start.

While fresh BC servers sounds fun, I really don’t see a reason for Blizz to bend over backwards to make it happen.

I would be willing to bet on it too. Fresh, isolated servers going live at prepatch would be packed.

2 Likes

Bend over backwards? It would take them all of 10 minutes to create.

4 Likes

Hate to necro an old thread… but I saw this one while perusing another…

I cannot abstain. I throw my support to any threads advocating or encouraging fresh TBC servers either at TBC launch or preferably with the pre-patch release of blood elves/draenai. I have several friends that would prefer it too as I am sure many others can also boast.

However, one thing that I know would be frustrating to them is starting on one of the current servers with their brand new blood elves - only to have to start again when eventually Blizzard does decide to release a set of fresh TBC servers because I 100% guarantee that I will uproot my butt, drop everything and sprint to log onto a fresh TBC server…

Like many others, I have bank alts with mailboxes and banks full of supplies. I can purchase my own epic flying mount as it stands with the gold I currently have and I am no where alone in this statistic. However, I strongly prefer to start over. It feels more genuine and far more conducive to the classic nature that we all originally subscribed to.

I understand the3 greed and push to get people to purchase the boosts… I would go so far as to say I would prefer a second pay wall around unlocking access to a fresh TBC server. I’d rather spend my money in support of that ideal rather than repeating the same slippery slope that brought the game into the far less popular state of current retail.

Edit: I actually don’t so much mind necroing it… Before someone hones in and focuses on that one statement.

2 Likes

Blizzard simply don’t care about the tiny minority of people who just want to reroll from scratch every 3 months. There aren’t enough of you for it to be a profitable business model.

And then 2 months after launch those same people would be here begging for more fresh servers. It’s a neverending cycle of attention seeking.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.