How about a One Affix Week?

There is a lot of back and fourth about affixes. Are they good? Are they bad? Do they make the game more or less fun? With the seasonal rotation, Blizzard has lessened one of the pressure points that affixes were to combat. Repetition. Because we used to have the same dungeon lineup for 2 years. Now we get new dungeons each season.

Since Blizz has been pretty experimental lately, why not, in one season have the 3rd week Just have Tyrannical. And the 6th week, just have fortified. Just to see how the player base feels, and what the reactions are to it.

I am not sure what I would prefer. There are some affixes that I dont mind, because they are easy to deal with. Then there are some weeks, where I just decide to level alts. I do think that the affixes add challenge to the dungeon, but in many cases it isnt a fun challenge. Just a frustrating one.

What do yo all thing? Would trying a season where there was 1 Tyrannical only week and 1 Fortified only week, be a good thing?

Sure… between seasons. When it doesn’t count towards anything.

3 Likes

It seems like it would be hard to fill any group any other week.

How about people actually wait until it’s live and see if it’s is bad as you think?

Or join the p t r and at least know what you’re being upset about?

This isnt about the new affixes. This is about the affixes as a concept in general. Whether or not I like the new affixes is irrelevant to the discussion. When they are live, I will run M+ and deal with them.

This is more to discuss affixes as a whole, and whether or not they are necessary in their current style.

Oh well those aren’t going away.

Never say never but it’s pretty clear that is the design choice.

Or as alternative content. Imagine if during season 2 they brought back season 1 dungeons with only Tyr and Fort as challenge mode content. Not a replacement for current content but a supplement.

ok…

What I am asking is, what your opinion would be on having 2 weeks out of a season, where on one, Tyrannical was the only Affix. And one where Fortified was the only affix?

Im not trying to argue anything. Saying affixes need to stay or to go. I am just asking how people would feel about that as an experiment?

What would you, specifically think about that as an experiment?

Boring i guess. They would have to make up for it somehow. maybe lower the gear reward

Yes, but amp up the affixes. If it’s explosive then make it happen every second, even outside of combat, just explosive orbs all over.

The dungeons would have to be worth 0 score, upgrade currency, and vault rewards…

Which makes it a horrible idea.

It would obviously be easier so sure if it’s just to do it for fun and not tie rewards to it.