How’s this look for Shadowlands?

I am liking the looks of that one.

I’m sure you’ll love and it not be disappointed, AMD did a fantastic job with their laptop components

Nothing can compete it, every single reviewer loves this laptop

Another video that goes more detailed of how good this laptop is

That is certainly impressive. Found this little number on Amazon when I searched for the aforementioned Asus.

2020 ASUS ROG Strix G 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop Computer, Intel Core i7-9750H CPU, 24GB RAM, 1TB HDD+512GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, NVIDIA GTX 1650 Graphics, Windows 10, Black, 32GB Snow Bell USB Card

Blahblahblah on the color and the backlit keyboard. Is this more what I should be looking for?

Ah crap sorry I forgot, the laptop reviews got announced yes but it’s still under pre orders, the reviews were just this week, laptop should be coming out soon, it’s taking a bit longer due to covid-19 I believe

It’s on Best buy’s website right now but has a coming soon tag

Bah. I can still take a look at that one on Best Buy.

Yes, that laptop should be able to handle WoW now and for the foreseeable future at high+ settings at 1080p. But take that with a grain of salt, as we don’t know exactly what the requirements and recommended specs will be for the release version (the specs have either already changed or Blizz messed up because I can find different specs for Shadowlands listed in different places). Nonetheless, that’s a pretty powerful laptop for WoW that you listed in your OP.

Yikes

Griefs is trying to recommend a laptop that is already obsolete and blown away by the 4900hs

Strawman.

He did not recommend it, he said it should play WoW just fine and that it was a pretty powerful laptop.

Those are both true.

Seriously, you need to stop.

Youre so desperate you’re down to literally inventing stuff out of whole cloth.

Must be nice to not have a conscience or any dignity or integrity, probably makes going through life as such a fool easier.

And I recommended a better laptop thats much better for the same price OP was trying to spend and upgrade it

You once said this to another OP 2 weeks ago to not cheap out laptops

How weird it is for you to say otherwise, the other laptop is indeed better than griefs recommendation and you’re trying to say otherwise :thinking:

FYI to you, Kag – there is a forum ignore feature now (click your portrait at the top right, then click your name, then click preferences, then click users to find the options).

And FYI to you, OP – the dude recommending AMD parts here owns AMD stock and has a long history of being a liar.

1 Like

Wow even when AMD has the best gaming laptop, proven by Every single tech YouTuber, you still say this :sob:

I liked countering your flaws, guess you didn’t want to be told otherwise anymore :cry:

Sorry OP for this off topic debate

If you’re able to wait, wait for AMD laptops to start hitting the market. Their CPUs are about to destroy Intel’s. Nothing false about that statement.

If you NEED a laptop now, the 9750H will do just fine. My Predator has a 8750H with a 1060 and I get 60-144FPS at like 7.5/10 on the graphics scale.

1 Like

Sometime in May the Asus laptop would possibly be hitting markets, like I told OP that it’s delayed due to covid-19

This is what I also tried to recommend, I’m glad I’m not the only one not blinded by Intel like some

It’s better to wait than buy anything now, that upcoming ryzen laptop will last OP a very long time

I would agree with the sentiment that the Ryzen 4000 mobile CPUs are looking really nice, but I’ll be curious to see performance comparisons in WoW, which, as we should all know, cares little about multicore performance and a lot about single core performance. I’ll also be curious to see how stable these new AMD laptops are, given AMD’s checkered past when it comes to system stability and driver support.

Base on the current reviews that people are tossing out, AMD seems like the better all rounder. Though all the review samples that I saw had a rtx 2060 super.

The video I saw from LTT had the 4900HS Ryzen beating out Intel’s i9 9980HK in the single threaded performance.

The only time the 9980HK beat out the Ryzen is when it was pretty much put in a desktop-like laptop chassis and overclocked to 5.0GHz which is pretty much something nobody will do. That “laptop” was $4K vs the Ryzen at $1449

I’ll never get a laptop because I can’t play on a 15" screen. I had a 15" screen over 20 years ago.

Just plug it into an external monitor.

Thanks all for the help! Is much appreciated.

Blockquote

I’m looking at a very similar laptop- thoughts?

Asus TUF Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS-Type, Intel Core i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1650, 8 GB DDR4, 512 GB PCIe SSD, Gigabit Wi-Fi 5, Windows 10 Home, TUF505GT-AH73 Notebook PC Computer

899$

1 Like