Hotfixes - Updated October 5

Warlocks were never running out of mana in pvp settings, it was ONLY on raid fights in nyalotha. And warlocks are NOT the top dps in nyalotha right now. Bm hunters, fire mages, and arms warriors are all ahead of us at the top end.
We have nothing to gain mana back if we go oom then were literally standing there doing nothing for at least 20 seconds.
and going oom was just an oversight of corruption.

This is true, but I was also eluding to the fact that we don’t have [as] high haste levels early into an expansion up until usually the second tier as that is when we can have consistent haste levels to churn out chaos bolts but also not feel like total wet noodle in between infernal drops.

Seeing the legendary that reduces the CD on summon infernal by 2 seconds per soul shard spent has me very excited. Some youtubers I have seen that are testing all legendaries are saying that is one of the strongest for us as we burn through shards almost as much as demo. So I have some hope we won’t be less used early on than affliction but truth of the matter is aff is always better early expansion and once destruction find its legs it can easily give aff a run for it’s money and then some.

Yeah but all classes are nerfed like that because no one can get high lvls of haste. So destro was still one of the top.

The leggo that reduces infernal cd will be real nice but it wont be game breaking in raids cause any good raider knows majority of your dps comes from popping cds at the right moment, and with mythic progression you need to use cds to push certain phases. so if the infernal leggo messes up how infernal will line up with parts in a fight, it will be a useless legendary. This is of course for raids only as that leggo will be really nice in m+ and pvp.
I have a feeling the infernal leggo will get nerfed a bit tbh.
I think the conflag leggo might end up being bis, as that tierset bonus in legion was a huge buff.

Was thinking the same actually. Infernal ring for M+ and the conflag leggo for raiding. That tier set was my favorite.

I wish they kept the cb reducing the cast of next cb the same as the tier set. 40% reduction felt really nice bit only 10% on the leggo is weeeeak

This begs the question: Why do we even have mana anymore? If Blizzard’s just going to reduce mana costs whenever there’s a danger of running out, what’s the point? Back in the day, it was a mechanic to be managed like any other. Either you used a mana regen skills like life tap, innervate, and mana tide totem, or maybe you sacrificed a little haste for more spirit. I’m not saying that it was an exciting mechanic or that we need to go back to the way it was, but if we’re not expected to manage it anymore, why have it at all?

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Here are the new hotfixes of the day.

July 27, 2020

Items and Rewards

• Corrupted Items
    • A change to the interaction between Fist of Justice and Ineffable Truth has been reverted.
      • Developers’ note: This change was mistakenly applied with the release of 8.3.7. This was unintentional and the change has been reverted.

Player versus Player

• Classes
    • Warlock
      • [With regional restarts] Soul Leech grants an absorb for 4% of damage dealt when engaged in combat with enemy players (down from 8%).
        • Developers’ note: Soul Leech will continue to have a cap of 10% of the Warlock’s maximum health.
      • Destruction
        • [With regional restarts] The effectiveness of Flashpoint (Azerite Trait) has been reduced by 75% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 50%).
  • Items and Rewards
    • [With regional restarts] The effectiveness of Lingering Psychic Shell has been reduced by 70% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 50%).
  • Azerite Essences
    • [With regional restarts] The effectiveness of Vitality Conduit’s health transfer has been reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Corrupted Items
    • [With regional restarts] Ineffable Truth (Corruption Effect) no longer reduces the cooldown of Gladiator’s Medallion (PvP Talent).
  • Developers’ note: These PvP specific changes are to reduce the number of long stalled out matches in high end Arena.

WoW Classic

• Fixed an issue that caused the Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer buff to not apply to all players in Stormwind and Orgrimmar when the Head of Onyxia or Head of Nefarian has been turned in on their realm or its connected layers.
1 Like

Only Classic? It must have been over a year ago that I last saw “Nefarian be slain!” and got a buff because of it.

Hey Blizz,

This Soul Leech change is not a good change and should be reverted for demonology and affliction. Why in the hell would you change something that negatively impacts all three specs, instead of reducing the damage reduction from destruction’s mastery? Or how about instead you stop beating around the damn bush and adjust the pvp talent Focus Chaos already. It is insane that you would nerf demonology and affliction even further… than what its down to. Do you guys and gals even play the same game anymore? It’s not a rhetorical question, it’s a legitimate one. I would love to see your justification on this one. Explain the thought process behind nerfing all 3 specs, and not just destruction.

1 Like

It is pure laziness at least on Affliction’s part. The spec has been nerfed just because what it shares with Destruction gets nerfed.

But even with Demon Armor at 360%, Aff was bad.
Even with unnerfed Soul Leech, Aff was bad.

As backwards as it is to do this to Affliction, the spec would be bad because it suffers from a major design failure. It makes me sad because historically it has been one of my favorite specs to play.

1 Like

Blizzard is either clueless, tone deaf, blind or all three. As much as I love destruction PvP cutting the warlock at the legs will mpact all three specs. Just nerf focused chaos and / or make it a reduced baked in ability and give us something else. Focused chaos is 100% the issue.

Here are today’s hotfixes!

July 28, 2020

Player versus Player

• Resolved an issue that delayed the start of the Classic Ashran brawl.

WoW Classic

• Baristolth of the Shifting Sands now respawns slightly faster, and attacking Baristolth now flags you for PvP.

Quoting for truth. Arena is still abysmal. Swing and a miss, Blizzard.

Hey everyone! Below are the hotfixes from today:

July 31, 2020

Items and Rewards

• Corrupted Items
    • Reverted the recent change made on the interaction between Fist of Justice and Ineffable Truth for Holy and Protection Paladins.

WoW Classic

• The Ectoplasmic Distiller quest item no longer generates threat.
    • Developers’ note: Ordinarily we err on the side of authenticity when it comes to clever use of mechanics in Classic, even if we believe the original development team would have made a change given the same information we now have. The Ectoplasmic Distiller presents a rare exception mainly due to its severity: this new discovery of an unintended mechanic would completely trivialize most threat gameplay in raids for the remainder of Classic if left unchecked, including upcoming bosses in Ahn’Qiraj and Naxxramas.
  • The pages for the quest “Draconic for Dummies” are now Epic quality.
    • Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on “Draconic for Dummies” quest pages to Epic (purple) so that they’ll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.

Focused Chaos is NOT the problem. the problem is our talent Grimoire of Supremacy. and its being removed when prepatch drops so stop wining shout it. blizzard doesnt do massive nerfs at the end of an xpac so just deal with it. They just nerfed our haste by 25% more in pvp scenarios anyways.
Us destro warlocks were almost useless in WoD/legion pvp so let us have our moment before getting nerfed again in shadowlands.

Destro has been long overdue for a nerf, and Blizzard has repeatedly ignored them despite them being oppressive and dominating the ladder for literal seasons. People aren’t gonna stop complaining about it when a class has single handedly made it so other people stop PvP’ing.

This is completely false. I myself ran LSP above 2k+ repeatedly without an issue, both as the warlock and the shaman. If you think you were useless in Legion, you have no idea what PvP is.

1 Like

Just Flashpoint. Destro is still pretty strong in general PVP/arenas.

Lolwut, Destro was great in Legion. It’s been a strong spec for quite awhile.

1 Like

I still dont understand why they’re mentioning classic bugfixes on retail GD. Shouldnt they have the classic bugfixes on their own forums?

3 Likes

Why are all the hotfixes for WoW classic being posted here and as well the Classic section, but none of the hotfixes for BfA being posted in Classic section.

If you are going to post all the hotfixes for classic over there, it would be easier to spot the changes for the current version of the game if you didn’t include stuff that just isn’t relevant.

lol, I didn’t notice your comment when I made mine but I so agree. All that information is in a thread on there so makes no sense to put it here as well.