Hotfixes/changes being made without notifying player base

These are not patches. Which means we don’t get patch notes.

Not seeing the problem

7 Likes

There’s no list. They are trying to make the changes so subtle that no one notices, but they are making them. I don’t understand why they are dedicating resources to this, especially when it just degrades from the original classic experience. It’s disheartening.

2 Likes

went from 12g to 3.9g on my server because of this =[

1 Like

I like to be notified of any changes to how the game originally was. If I’m dedicating my time to play the game, I deserve to be notified of any changes being made, simple as that. Are you ok with them constantly hotfixing things to their liking until we end up in the same situation that exists in retail? The principles are the same.

Is this the case of pirate server vs actual Vanilla?

2 Likes

About as close as you will get I’m guessing.

4 Likes

They can’t read your mind to find out how you remember vanilla. They can only use their reference.

4 Likes

It’s a transparency issue. People play the game with the assumption/promise that the mechanics of the game will not change. If Blizzard does change them they must communicate with us.

6 Likes

Got that in writing somewhere? They have every right to do as they see fit with their own property

7 Likes

The stutter step existed in Classic. The removal of it is not in line with the original mechanics.

2 Likes

It’s not a legal obligation. It’s something they should do if they don’t want to erode trust and faith between the players and the devs.

5 Likes

I remember when I first started playing Blizzard games. It took a little while for me to see Blizzard’s way too. You’ll follow along soon enough. Don’t worry.

1 Like

Lol I appreciate your sense of humor but you should have more faith in Blizz. They have proven that they will listen to us if we complain loud enough.

1 Like

It’s thinking like this that leads to the retail route. Long, arduous, and painful. Ends in ruin.

5 Likes

Back in my day we used to get patch notes… Would be nice…

2 Likes

every1 used to laugh at how the barrens raptors have no heads but lately when ever i do that quest on an alt it seems like a 90-100% drop rate now.
blizz r gonna screw us with these little changes for sure

3 Likes

YoU ShOuLd HaVe MoRE faITh In BlIzARd

Have you seen the news lately buddy?

What would you have done differently, had they alerted you to those changes? Besides creating a thread griping about them.

My warrior heart bleeds for the impact on your aoe farming, by the way.

4 Likes

They didn’t even post on here about dire maul being opened. Players that knew found out about it from other places. Keep in mind that this is the OFFICIAL FORUM FOR THE GAME, meaning the # 1 place that should have news.

3 Likes

They talked about it in the content preview, posted on this official site on October 7.

On October 15th when DM was opened they posted a whole detailed article about it.

Blizzard stopped using forums for news a long time ago when they redid the site.

3 Likes