Hot fix makes Battle for Nazjatar participation more difficult

I haven’t seen one pop since the change and I have been in there every night working on Rep.

Edit- Sorry I was part of one that took about 7 mins to complete 3000-280.

absolutely horrid idea, it means people who are on shards that never get it, will never do it again.

The change Blizz made did nothing to prevent people pre-forming raid groups or even camping capture points. All its accomplished is to make those guys stand around for a while, and many are patient enough to do just that.

It still runs on the same schedule of every 3 hours it’s just the actual start is delayed by up to 45 min. For me the schedule is (everything in EST) 11am-2pm-5pm-8pm-11pm-2am-5am-8am. Sometimes downtime shifts the schedule by an hour but for right now that’s the schedule.

If I want to do it, next time a scheduled start rolls around I check the custom pvp groups in group finder. If I see a group that’s formed, I join and go to the zone and sometimes I have to wait in base for the actual start time (I have a book to read and I’m ready to wait). If I don’t feel like waiting, I drop group and go do something else. Maybe I rejoin later…

If you’re looking for a great pvp experience, don’t bother. One side or the other dominates through excessive numbers. If you’re looking for an easy way to farm conquest and get the Nazjatar pvp currency, its an easy farm if you’re in a raid group.

1 Like

@Timkerrific
Yep, didn’t change a damn thing.

At least mi10 had moved back to alliance so half the problem, the lag/sever crash problem, is resolved.

Sadly, Ruin is still actively disrupting/destroying game play when they bring in multiple raids to a active BfN instance.

At least I get some semblance of “normal” wpvp game play in VoEB or Uldum.

*Still missing the the exceptional design of open world cap points in TBC; in particular Halaa.
**Fix your sharding tech already.

1 Like

Then deliberately rotate people in the dominant faction into balanced shards that are going to get the event. Flag characters that have done the event, and weight the sharding algorithm with people who have done it recently. Prioritize the flagged characters for the excessively dominant shards that are going to get the PVE event. Once they’ve exhausted the list of unflagged players in the zone that have done it, clear all the flags (including those outside or offline) and start over.

Does that mean Horde gets it less? Yes. Them’s the breaks, for the same reason Horde gets long BG queues instead of 10v30 Warsongs. Hell, let them merc mode. The PVE event was put in because the PVP one isn’t even functional at the sheer scale Horde outnumbers. If all the PVE event does is tell them when to shard-hop to the PVP one, it’s DOA all over again.

That’s not RUIN’s fault that’s Blizzard’s fault for never having the sharding working to begin with. The placement design for sharding is horribly inept, it was supposed to balance the factions but instead you get shards with 0% horde or 0% alliance. So a community solution was devised it’s not their fault that Blizzard’s boiled potato shards can’t handle it. They could have also easily solved that but putting in a forced cap for a shard preventing people from overloading it, once again Blizzard’s fault not RUIN’s