Horrific visions

so, i’ve been maining a Vengeance DH, but starting messing around with my Prot warrior for tanking since my DH is as geared as he’s probably going to get and farming for months on the same guy will get boring as crap over and over again… i really love how Prot plays, so ive decided to make him my main alt for mythic plus and heroic raids.

with that said, ive been running fury for visions, but its kinda a pain in the butt (mainly because i dont know what im doing) are there any tips on how to do visions? would you guys recommend doing them as prot since it does good damage anyway? what are you guys doing your visions as?

1 Like

Hey Tuda! Haha!

Ive been doing all of my visions as fury on this toon. Im not pro level by any means but I can answer any starter questions you might have in Discord.

How many times per minute are you smashing your head into your keyboard? Warrior has a high APM which meas you need to smash your face into your keyboard faster.

3 Likes

Been doing horrific visions as fury for the most part. I’ve gotten up to a 4 mask run and feel confident in doing a 5 mask run on my next pass. Gonna try doing a run as Arms for poops and giggles at some point.

I personally think Arms is much easier cause of the heavy bleed damage. It really helps when you have to look away from the eyes or run behind pillars.

For Alleria I have definitely had periods where I just couldn’t get any uptime. I just refreshed Mortal Strike and ran. Did almost 20% of her health while just keeping The bleed on her and running away.

I have 5 masked both SW and Org at sub 460 ilvl. It’s crazy to me that people think Arms is hard. And I play on controller.

I think it’s perhaps cause they gear so much for raid content and don’t adjust their strategy for visions.

1 Like

For anyone who is having issues with uptime with Alleria, it’s almost certainly one of two things

1. you don’t realize you can kick the bombs away

2. you choose where Darkening Sky drops. When she starts casting it, run/leap away and when the swirls start under you, charge back in to dps.

Kick poly first time, spin it 2nd time, kick third, she should be dead soon after. Line the void AoE, but it’s a very easy fight, keep your back to the eye, etc.

#2 most people complain about, but don’t realize you choose where it drops.

2 Likes

How can I do that?

Use Consoleport addon. It works best with Steam controllers, but it’s still very functional with Xbox controllers.

As far as key binds, consider a standard Xbox controller with 16 buttons excluding the center Xbox button. Take two of those buttons, say the triggers, and use as Shift and Ctrl. That makes each remaining button have four possible bonds, I.e. for “A” button: A, Shift+A, Ctrl+A, Shift+Ctrl+A. Which means you functionally have 4 times 12 buttons, meaning 48 binds. If you include the center Xbox button you go up to 52 binds.

Steam controller has between 4-12 additional buttons, before modifiers, depending on how much you want to play with the disc customization. So the Steam controller has, 4x(12+(4+)) roughly 60+ binds.

The biggest drawback of using a controller is that thumb-sticks work based on accelerated motion. They make for poor mouse control. This is again where the Steam controller is a huge advantage. The disc pad gives control of a mouse that is functionally the same as a trackball mouse.

As for Alleria, I find it very frustrating to kick the bombs. However, you really don’t need too. If you are careful with positioning you can always drop them to the outside of the room. You can also use LOS to move her and distance to move the eye. Running out of sanity on Alleria means either someone is failing mechanics, or they have a very low cloak.

1 Like

Awesome! very good explanation and instructions. Thank you very much!!

1 Like

I have done 4 Mask clears so far as both Arms and Prot. Have not tried Fury. I have found that that clearing the areas is less stressful as prot but taking down the big bad end bosses is easier as arms. The DPS and Bleed damage just leads to faster kill times and less chances to make a mistake for sanity drain.

I will try 5 masks this week but am still looking for optimal Essences for the clear.

Run your normal minor essences but be sure to run Purification Protocol major, or if you don’t have that Iris major is good too. As Fury I generally just pull the whole first area and LoS them somewhere, as they start to funnel in drop Purification Protocol and just avoid stuff, spam AoE, and stay alive. I’m around 470 iLvl though. I don’t think I’d recommend doing what I do, maybe with smaller pulls, because I’ve realized less is more in those visions once your cloak is high enough. You’ll almost never fail to your sanity draining, but you will fail due to getting hit by things that do drain sanity, or biting off more than you can chew as far as dying health-wise.

1 Like

I don’t bother with the big pulls as Fury. Your WW-cleave caps at 5 targets and most pulls are already 4-5 mobs, so mass pulls are just a headache of dodging stuff without a massive increase in speed. One at a time works fine. Then I can run BotE major for bursting down the bosses.

1 Like

Exactly, that’s why it’s probably not worth it for others to try it. High risk, low reward strategy. Only reason I do it is because that’s the way I’ve always done it lol

I run BotE major, with Lucid, PP, and Breath of the Dying minors. All three minors add trickle healing that helps keep you flowing.

Run as Prot until u get your cloak to lvl 9. Then fury. I run as fury and complete at 4 obj and kill the main guy with no use of the sanity orbs

Thanks for the input all. Good stuff. I agree big pulls seem problematic until high gear levels.

I find it ironic coming from a Hunter. But it’s true nonetheless.

Right? Considering hunters are probably the only class in the game (save for survival spec) that doesn’t have to pay attention to any sort of mechanics ever.

I’m getting too many concussions and thinking about making a switch.