Horrific Visions: Stormwind Discussion

Here’s a video of one of our Frost DK cousins soloing the Stormwind Horrific Vision at ilvl446:

Has anybody done this yet? What works and what doesn’t?

1 Like

Tfw you’re blood and you can only solo the starter zone and one extra.

Yeah?
Its super easy. If you are going to pull large trash packs i recommend breath of sindragosa and using icy fortitude to prevent stuns along with ams to absorb damage.

When next week comes I think ill just complete all the areas for giggles.

1 Like

Are Blood DK’s having issues with Visions? I have the 15% extra damage because solo, and the free Rez if I die/go insane.

I was able to do the 2 Corrupted Areas as well as Alleria (whoever the ‘Boss’ is) with over half my Sanity bar remaining after using my third Sanity Orb.

I also went in prepared with a Battle Shout Scroll and Stamina Scroll. And I Unbridled Fury before and during every pull/Boss. Saved Drums for the final one. I forgot to swap to DPS trinkets as well so was using Blood Urchin and Edicts.

I certainly have trouble with them. I’m nearly on my third orb by the time I finish my first secondary zone. I only recently got 3/3 of the damage buff though, and I got 2/3 of the decreased sanity tickdown thing.

I haven’t done em’ on my DK yet, but my monk had troubles with channeled abilities and the hot feet thing in the first two bonus zones that make you jump over a pool of fire - this may also make you pull additional packs if you’re not ready for em’.

Bud, just ask for help.

Yeah the Scorched Feet thing is annoying as hell. It happened during those 2 Burrowers and I ended up pulling the Chains of Servitude Miniboss before I was able use an Orb. The Cheat Death is the only thing that saved my run. Had I been able to use my Orb before the mini boss I don’t think I would have needed the Cheat Death at all.

Now, venturing into the Lost Areas… both bonus areas might be a tad hard as Blood. We will definitely need the trait that gives us 200 Sanity for every Elite we kill.

3 Likes

The Dwarven District I just do as one big pull. The only potential threat is the one elite mob, and even then all you have to do is dodge the purple swirls. If you’re running Anime major just pop VB and then use it and most of the mobs lose half their health if not outright die from DnD/Blood Boil/Disease.

Trade District is just a plague on society. Seriously, screw those Burrowers. The hardest part of Trade is the Mini Boss that has a channeled spell that Drains your Sanity. We only have one interrupt and I’m fairly certain he can’t be stunned either. Honestly that was the hardest part of my Boss +2 on Tuesday.

3 Likes

I soloed Rank 6 and 7 in Blood today.

I moved pretty quickly from trash pack to pack, but I don’t think I was moving quickly enough to get more than one side area. I think I would need to pull larger packs. (Took me two runs to get both quest items for Rank 7.)

Dwarven District seems relatively simple. I found that using the fire feet debuff to propel me in the direction I wanted to go anyway made it a little less annoying than it probably otherwise would have been.

I screwed up on my second run; I waited a little too long to pop the first sanity orb. Consequently, I double-clicked it, trying to get it up, and blew two uses at once (dumb). Still managed to finish because of the Titan console battle-rez upgrade.

Yeah, solo, we can interrupt every other one. Only a group can interrupt all of em

Not sure why you guys run it as bdk. Its so risky due to the time limit. Run in, scream “FOR PONY!”

then meme beam and epidemic everything

Blizzard screws me so hard on secondary stats. None of my secondary stats are good enough to be anything but Blood.

You dont need to worry about bleeding edge stats for visions.

Dwarven District isn’t too bad as blood, like Clarize said. One or two giant pulls then just run around and plant the bombs, bonestorm and Anima helps melt through things easy enough but scorched feet definitely will rob you of a couple BS ticks if it can.

Trade district can die in a fire, the scorched foot fire. I honestly just kept taking the tentacles with me as I cleared the area and passively cleave them whenever they repositioned to me. I ended up killing the last one on the boss of the area. AMS helps against the miniboss here, but… you’re gonna lose some sanity.

As a rule of thumb, I try to pop my orbs in between pulls so I can recharge and clear at the same time. Super helpful if you can do it before a boss or miniboss.

Ended up finishing my two chest with a fourth of a sanity bar left after revive.

2 Likes

Guys, just do it as an unholy. Its simple. Dont stress yourself.
Run in there, pretend you are arthas, amd unleash your army of borrifically mangled corpses on the void.

Got 3 chests with same pathing as the video in the OP, did it on three orbs no deaths or resets. Unholy. Pulled everyhing to the mini bosses and nuked em down.
I had enough time to basically use army and take down Aleria with dot damage and pets with about 10 seconds uptime, she kept chain casting the aoe so I couldn’t be in combat for very long.

BOTE better than Focusing Iris in my opinion, passive crit stacking and decent mastery made blowing up groups very easy.

The feet on fire and tentacles are god awful.

Best thing to learn from this video is NOT to engage anything unless it’s close to an objective or is a direct objective. Be careful with your AOE especially where some high HP yellow’s pat. Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

Well I just went in as unholy and didn’t get more done than I did as blood.

We need to train you accordingly.
Judging from what everyone here is saying, it will be very rough doing a lost zone as a bdk.
Rexxars quillboars eat up a ton of sanity andnyou need to burst em.

Bring a dps. Blood dk is extremely useful for aoeing everything in valley of wisdom and the other lost areas of sw.
It just takes a long time, and time becomes a greater issue as you advance.

You know what?

We should just do a group of 5 DKs. Our own little army of the damned.

2 Likes

When you see it about to go off just face a wall real quick. You won’t move anywhere.

1 Like