Horrific Visions need a redesign

They aren’t very difficult…but things can go wrong that you can’t control… For example I just got stuck in combat during a Horrific Vision and couldn’t reset my sanity. Therefore, I failed. This is the first time I couldn’t complete one, and it was out of my control.

When I went to open up a ticket I saw that this is apparently a common issue, but the developers have “fixed the issue causing this”. Well apparently they haven’t.

The best fix for this would be to allow players to attempt a vision as many times as it takes for them to be successful.

Vessels are timegated and there should be no reason for players to be able to fail them for issues outside of their control, and then be screwed over for the rest of the expansion.

Another suggestion is that vessels that fail go into a depleted state, where players can then recharge them for a small fee (whether that’s with gold, coalescing visions, or corrupted mementos).

I just know that it feels really, really bad to fail one of these and that is not good game design.

2 Likes

You can farm a vessel every 3 days now. It shouldn’t be a problem.

I’m finding the risk vs reward hugely refreshing and a lot of fun.
Vessels are easy enough to come by and with the cap on Cape levels I think it is fantastic as it is.

Or a week. You were “screwed over” for literally not more than a week.

Sucks? Yes. But the histrionic “rest of the expansion” is a gross overstatement.

No, removing timer or limited retries per week would completely remove the tension of the instance. They are fine.

1 Like