Horrific Visions are horrible!

I just want to go on the record stating that these visions really suck. Some people might enjoy timed runs, but these are not just timed but incredibly annoying. You can go on about the orbs, but they are not usable if you get stuck in combat.

Namely that annoying dwarf in Stormwind. The progression to that is not very clear. I wasted runs trying to figure it out. First time I did the little bonus quest with the bombs, tried to use the orb after completing that but no, stuck in combat. Then I go back and you can’t pull the creep unless you do the explosives first. Ended up not completing that either. Wasting a bunch of those stupid mats to do runs that were garbage. WTF

I know some people like timed, pressure runs of things. I don’t. They are annoying. Got to step away from the computer for a minute? Oh, you’re screwed.

It’s just awful and annoying. Do better. I’m not going to read the fanboy comments saying that it’s all my fault, these just suck. I’ll go back to grinding junk on alts until the prepatch.

2 Likes

Why are you even doing them? They’re going to be obsolete in a week or two.

There are rewards you can get with the mementos. Visions are the easiest way to get those.

Then don’t do them? You only need to do 1 to get the cloak and you don’t have to successfully kill anything at that stage.

1 Like

While I understand your frustration, as the design is a bit off, as others have mentioned you simply don’t have to do them, especially now with prepatch and SL coming up.

It also sounds like you probably need/should have done more research since you don’t seem to enjoy figuring stuff out on your own; wowhead is your friend on how to do certain things.

You posted on a public forum which exists for discussion so not entirely sure as to why you wouldn’t expect people to chime in and offer their thoughts regardless if you won’t be reading them.

I don’t particularly enjoy the whole pressure, lose time or whatever if you fail, because it causes exactly what we are seeing here, anxiety and a blow to the self esteem of players who start to get upset and even question their game prowess.

I really do feel that part of it also especially when i was failing 4-5 masks; it gets better when you do your research and practice and start completing them regularly.

Anyway take care and wish you all the best.

Getting stuck in combat means you left something alive that couldn’t move, but that was aggroed on you. One of those corruption tumors out in the canal areas, perhaps? Just kill them if you go close to them.

But, yeah, I could have done without this content. It was something to do because I was bribed to do it, not because it was intrinsically enjoyable. Hecker’s Nightmare of game design. Fire a few developers next time and save the money, Blizzard.

They do get much easier when a) your cloak level is higher, b) you get more research into the titanic archives, and c) you know your way around and have developed a sense of the route you want to take.

That said…they aren’t relevant for much longer, so do what you love! And look forward to Torghast, which is more open-ended and (presumably) your ability to do it isn’t as reliant on repetition.