Horns/Ears No Longer Visible Through Helmets in Patch 9.0.2

Off the top of ny head, paladin tier 17 (Guiding Light, the “Yrel set”) doesn’t hide horns on Normal/Heroic, but does on Mythic.
Tier 19, (Highlord for the Emerald Nightmare/Nightborne raid) does the same.

1 Like

I think a toggle would be nice! Hide your ears/horns if you wish, but have them if you’d like.

5 Likes

This bugs me to no end on my Disc priest. She’s a nelf, and can’t wear Mythic Nighthold gear, which is cool as heck, because of the darn ears.

Some helmets from BfA (like the Darkshore Warfront Horde Mail one) actually have holes in them when worn by races with long ears. It’d be cool if they just started designing all helmets like this. Id still prefer a toggle option though.

1 Like

So, currently, in the live game right now (right before today’s server shutdown, at least):

Female Lightforged Draenei show the horns on the Mythic set, but not on the previous two versions of Guiding Light (Blackrock tier). Female normal Draenei show the horns on none of the three.

However, in my experience, the two lower tiers of that set have never shown horns on draenei. It’s always irritated me, because it feels like it shrinks the head for males and females alike.

As you can probably see by my tmog, no, I do not like this change. My horns have always stuck out from under my hat and I will be very sad if they go away

2 Likes

Ears clipping through helmets is literally the only reason I don’t play Horde. If it’s actually being fixed I will be switching all my toons back.

Ear and eyebrow clipping is just LAZY design. And the ear holes they keep making clip as well. Even that $20 transmog. Clips as you walk.

Please no. Finally got my troll’s ears pierced and now they wont even be visible?!

Preach on. Strong eyebrows I guess.

To play Devil’s Advocate, so is simply hiding the offending factors.

Working them into armor design, or having hair/ear alternatives that fit with said helmets, would be great. Anything else is just as lazy as letting them clip in the first place - and said clipping doesn’t offend everyone as much as it does you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re a male now! Or maybe you always have been? :wink:

Hold on, the game where the designers were so concerned about silhouettes are now trying to hide horns and ears? I agree there’s really no reason to worry about silhouettes to that degree but this is too far in the opposite direction.

:raised_hand:

Teacher! teacher! teacher!!!

Why can’t it be an option? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The eye brows! No way eye brows should rip through a plate helm. Horns should have holes cut and maybe ears. But those hi-carbon folded steal brows gotta go.

1 Like

They do this but they can’t hide my antenna?

Ding.

On my Draenei Shaman, the Horns do clip through the Dark Shaman helmet. And only some helmets on my Draenei Paladin hide the horns.

You really must not understand how much of Bobby’s money it would take to add big ear and horn versions of everything.

Think of poor Bobby.

3 Likes

could put effort and remodel the helms like in ff14, where they make additional stuff for ears and what not

Hmm, if they are really going through with this and don’t have an option toggle to allow ears and horns to ‘poke through’, I wonder if some helms will still let them if appropriate.

Such as the ‘circle crowns’ that don’t actually cover (or in some cases even touch) the head, or the Vulpera Heritage armor helm that has actual ear holes on the sides for the ears.

1 Like

Hello everyone! There was a bug in 9.0.2 that caused some helms to hide character elements like Draenei horns. We’re working on fixing the bug as quickly as we can.

45 Likes