Horde side RP

I’m with you OP, regarding wanting some Horde rp. I’m not the best at keeping up with events, but part of my problem is I’m not fond of Orgrimmar where a decent portion of the Horde pop. seems to hang out. I’ll have to keep my eye out for more extra-Orgrimmar activities!

I’m not really sure what some of the posts are coming from, perhaps outdated or something similar. But not only is there plenty of RP Hordeside, but we also have a group of people dedicated to helping new Hordeside players find RP!

The Alliance to Horde reroll project has been in place since September of last year! We collaborate with most of the guilds and communities Horde side as well as offer a starter package to new Horde players to help you hit the ground running.

Here is the link to the discord! Please do not feel discourage, the Horde has a lot to offer in terms of story, RPers, and events! Give us a try!

AHRSG Forum Post

8 Likes

Also, take anything Roxanewatson says about Horde with a mighty pinch of salt. They have a history of being rather trollish toward the entire faction.

5 Likes

Okay, all this is telling me is that I should just go dive in and see for myself.

Thanks for all the useful tips and dicord links :slight_smile: I might check them out some time.

1 Like

Yeah, I like messing with the Horde in light hearted ways. But the post I made is a serious one. :stuck_out_tongue:

The best people to speak about Horde-side RP are the Horde players themselves! I’m with Rekfar on this one. I’m sure no one would like it if I rocked up and pretended to know all about Alliance RP when I don’t even play there anymore.

That’s right, it’s entirely possible to fulfil all your RP needs from Horde side!

It just takes a bit more effort. You have to be willing to go up to people and talk to them, and there might not be 50 people to choose from, more like 5-10. if you can handle that, and your character concept is not so socially inept that you can’t talk to strangers…then you’re golden!

The Alliance to Horde Re-roll Support Group is something I started a few months back, and it’s been going well so far. I think WoW is in a bit of a lull mid-expansion, and people are looking for something new to try. There’s never been a better time!

There’s also this thread I created to help newcomers to the Horde find a guild!

Good luck, and we look forward to meeting your new character!

5 Likes

Will agree completely with what Flywheel, Refkar and Tyrannea have already mentioned. The best way to get an answer is from the Horde itself and its made great strides forward, the expansion not pushing away but growing in potential for all sorts of RP possibilities.

The Unified Horde is also doing its best to bring more life to the city itself, with weekly events and the like that have been mentioned. The only caveat is that one must reach out to connect further with the community itself.

3 Likes

Population wise, the Alliance outnumbers the Horde on MG but you can still find plenty of RP opportunities in the Valley of Honor as well as numerous other server-wide Horde/neutral events.

4 Likes

Just the other night I walked up to two orcs, we had a short RP but it was fun, that’s all it took, if you look anywhere there are players, there’s opportunity.

3 Likes

I see trp profiles on the vast majority of horde players I run across. I also can find plenty of rp when I want to.

2 Likes

Exactly this.
MRP and XRP are fine addons as well. I see players using any of the three while playing Horde characters. I notice almost 90% of roleplayers on our faction also make sure to note that they welcome walk ups. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done both alliance and horde here on MG buy have really only gotten solid and consistent rp over on Wyrmrest. I keep trying here on MG though it’s jusy for me I’m never on when most the population is. So I stick with WRA. But there just like here on MG’s alliance you have to be wary of who you rp with. People can be creeps and trolls on both sides.

Gave RP on hordeside the old college try on MG for a few months and unfortunately it just wasn’t for me. The community at large was entirely too closed off, and there wasn’t much room for storytelling if you didn’t have friends to help you kick it off. There are friendly people there, and walkup does exist, but it appears to exist only between certain hours, and only when there aren’t large server-wide events happening.

(And speaking of that, if you aren’t much for joining multiple discord communities, you may have difficulty keeping track of events- they don’t advertise half of them here on the forums for some reason).

Everyone’s experiences are different, and I’d definitely encourage you to give it a shot if you’re interested. Just because it didn’t work out for me doesn’t mean it might not work out for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Horde community isn’t closed off. It’s just a lot smaller than Alliance. People seem to keep forgetting that and come over expecting to find the same kettle of fish. Believe me when I say, it’s not the same. There are not people hanging off the walls, just standing around waiting for RP. There are a few, but not many.

A smaller population when shifting from Alliance to Horde requires an attitude change. You can’t follow the same methodology and expect it to work here. If you go to foreign country, you can’t walk the streets and expect to find the same food as you had at home. But if you spend a bit of time searching, you might find something similar.

If you are ready for a challenge and are prepared to do some footwork, then Horde is for you. If you want to improve a community that desperately needs your help, then please, come and help us. If you want to be remembered, to be a name in the community that people know and respect, then your efforts on Horde side will be recognised.

But please don’t come to Horde and then complain that there’s not enough people or RP going on. Then jump ship and discourage others from coming here.

We are doing our absolute best to improve the Horde community. What we need is more resilient, motivated people who are prepared to do the hard work to make change happen.

5 Likes

You say this, and yet my personal experience says otherwise. I approached multiple guilds looking for information about them. I was blown off from the first halfway through the interview, treated badly in public by the second due to not responding to a message quickly enough, the third ended up making me wildly uncomfortable to the point that I left, and every other guild that I approached appeared vaguely disinterested in telling me about themselves at all.

I’m convinced at this point that my experience cannot have been the norm, but it is what it is, Flywheel. I gave it my best shot to get involved in your community project, and nothing but hurt feelings came of it. I’ve at least given the OP some hope that their experiences might be different, so you may want to do yourself a favor and consider backing off.

Am I disappointed? Sure. But I knew what I was walking into, and what I was up against. Anyone who’s known me for a minute knows exactly how much I put into everything I do- resilience is not something I personally lack. I am allowed to share my experiences here, just like you’re allowed to discredit my experiences, but you’re not making yourself look good by jumping down my throat for sharing them in the first place.

Meanwhile, this is a game we all pay to play with a limited amount of time. Expecting anyone to “put in effort” to get what they want is the very wrong thing to do, on another topic entirely, and to assume I put no effort in and simply walked off and complained would be a very, very grave assumption to make of someone you never personally spoke to.

As I said. Wasn’t for me. Might be for you. My bad experience is not everyone’s experience. Give it a go, and see how things go, OP.

1 Like

Yikes.
Sorry you felt that way but I don’t see that you’ve been singled out or had anyone jump down your throat. Flywheel identified and explained a recurring issue that appears in threads like this one regarding Horde roleplay. Because of the numbers imbalance it does take a bit more persistence to get what is more abundant for the Alliance.

It’s not a job or a grind but takes all of us committed to see Horde roleplay and more opportunities for such to flourish. I don’t read into what was written what you seem to take away from it but getting dirt kicked on what we are trying to do to improve is disheartening as you may be able to appreciate. A healthy numbers balance is helpful to the entire server and opens up all sorts of cross faction/PVP/competitive event possibilities.

I am concerned when others don’t share the good times with the Horde that I have had. None of my characters on this server are guilded and I have not been shunned or treated badly. Though I don’t play with WM on. winkyface I’m glad that people enjoy playing Alliance but if you wanna try Horde I definitely encourage people to do so. There’s great suggestions and folks willing to help in the Horde reroll thread.

1 Like

Which I never did, by the way. Sharing an experience is not “kicking dirt” and to share no experience but positive ones is both disingenuous and misleading. Both sides should be allowed to share their piece- shutting out any voice that isn’t a gleaming narrative of how great things are isn’t helping anybody.

At any rate, despite my experience, I’m still on your side, my dudes. I would love to see things improve over there. My belfs are my favorite characters and it hurts my heart that I couldn’t find a home that suited me (and don’t have the time to create my own in an environment desperately hurting for new blood).

Ya’ll could really use something that isn’t belfs, though, for reals (which is probably funny coming from a belf). Still blows my mind that there isn’t a shelf guild of any kind there.

Wow. I’m writing very poorly and not getting my point accross clearly.
You weren’t targeted in my comments regarding dirt kicking. It happens and has happened in this thread and others. The issue is not with censoring comments or experiences but rather getting constructive feedback for improvement.

If you didn’t do that (the dirt kicking) then that wasn’t meant for you. Hope that helps. Also there’s nothing wrong with blood elves. There are some amazing Sindorei-heavy guilds on this server. That’s a shame you didn’t click with one of them.

I never said there was? I play blood elves! xD

What I’m saying is that a little extra diversity never hurt anyone, and it was hard to find guilds that weren’t saturated with belfs if I wasn’t actively looking for them- even Orgimmar had more belfs than any other race during most of my time there. It was a strange experience, to say the least lol

As far as suggesting changes, that’s a thread for another day. Should probably let this thread get back on track. :stuck_out_tongue:

My comment was also not a personal dig. I’m not trying to squelch your views, but rather, point out that people in general need to know what they’re in for, when they roll Horde. There are certain traits that are associated with smaller populations, and if we are to see growth in the Horde perception needs to change. One thing that people should be aware of, is that MG Horde is completely different to MG Alliance. The transition is far from smooth and seamless. The AHRSG was created to help people like yourself traverse this rocky path.

One of the other things I would like to point out, is that despite its smaller population, MG Horde is subjected to a far greater amount of scrutiny than MG Alliance. We have threads almost every week asking about Horde RP, but rarely does anyone ask about Alliance RP.

So bad experiences like the ones you had are given a lot more attention, than they would have if they’d happened on Alliance side. When the bad is focussed on, rather than the good, that makes it much harder for our population to grow.

One suggestion I might make to potential Horde newcomers, is please try out some if the different races. We are sitting at about 40-45% blood elves, yet there is a rich culture behind every Horde race that is worth exploring. I would love to see more diversity.

If you are worried about being seen as ‘less attractive’ as another race, please don’t be. If you need help with lore, we have an entire guide written specifically for Horde races! There is a lot of passion in our community, and it is disheartening when people do not have a chance to see it.

2 Likes