Horde Server

Alliance being the PvE realm isn’t exactly unique to this server. They are often better at the large-scale, zergfest PvP (co-ordinated city raids), because zergfest PvP more closely approximates PvE raiding than other forms of PvP.

Horde is usually the realm for people that enjoy the regular, smaller scale pvp that makes up most of the day-to-day encounters. It definitely feels like Horde have more regular gank groups going on. Often what seems like a 30 person horde raid is actually several different smaller gank groups that just happen to be in the same zone.

The Alliance pvp’ers have learned that the second you kill a single horde, you will quickly have multiple groups converging on you to fight over honour scraps like the starving vultures that they are. It’s really, really fun, and also really, really tedious at the same time. I will likely stop pvping during prime-time if this keeps up simply because I don’t want to have to be in 15+ man groups in order to not get swarmed if I stay in one spot longer than 90 seconds (having said that, it’s still be an awesome few days).

2 Likes

Saturday was a better showing for the Horde, I admit. I don’t care about LHC, but I frequent the hell out of Searing Gorge. You guys camped TP pretty hard. I mean, me rogue = me okay mostly, but it was a lot of beeping on the old Spy.

If you want to change the mind of people that are racist, being an douche to them is not the way to change their minds.

6 Likes

If it’s any consolation, I’m very satisfied with my faction choice. Sure am glad I don’t have to deal with those wacist biggits in stormwind.

Maybe now people can see the bigger picture. It was only a month ago that it was the reverse.

And in a month it’ll change again.

“This faction is like this!” is something that time itself has always disproved.

I don’t care which faction is bigger but leave the fp’s alone and stop killing low levelers!

1 Like

We defended Chillwind Camp for most of the day and also saved Aerie Peak from a Horde raid.

And we killed a big blue dragon.

From my perspective, it was blue tinged victory.

1 Like

fwiw every time I’ve made a group since p2, and I think this goes for most people in my guild as well, we try to keep it smaller numbers and intentionally try to seek out similar sized groups.

our only problem with it is that 9/10 if we hit one of the alliance groups of the same size and win, they either bail or double numbers. feels bad man.

For me specifically, I’lI have very limited play time. Couple hours a night. Few nights a week. This means ill never be competitive in pvp ranking, so I have no incentive to participate.

In addition, PVP is a net loser when it comes to shards, so engaging in it when not necessary simply increases the amount of time I have to spend shard farming, which is somewhat obnoxious when all high level areas to farm shards in are generally covered with roaming gank squads.

So, I doubly have no incentive to wander outside of the towns except to attend raid, since it will chip away too much at my playtime. So, I’ve been finding myself playing other games for now and just raid logging. The meta of this phase just doesn’t support low play time players at all.

1 Like

You know. It don’t work that way. If you are solo questing, its more likely that you will get ganked by small group or solo high lvl characters.

The thing is: people are trying to run for ranking grind and we will not have battlegrounds for many months. 40man raid x 40 man raid awards you like 1-5 honor points per kill.

A solo kill (1x1) against a lvl 60 awards 199 honor. A lvl 49 like you is like 30 or 40 honor to a level 60 ganker.

Theres a diminish return for honor thou. Every time you kill the same player, you get 10% less honor. On 10th kill, the player will not award you any point anymore. This diminish returns resets once every day.

Yes. Alliance dominated LH for the most part of this weekend. Yesterday WPL had a lot of alliance as well. They even went to Tirisfall and killed some ppl in front of Undercity.

In world pvp, I’ve seeing many alliance guilds with RP names. A very few Hurricane and a lot of GOOf members.

1 Like

Majority of the alliance are afk farming honor in Southshore, rest of the zones are barren and camped by horde.

Wow, you get 199 for a 60 kill? I get 239 at 52/53, but it’s surely harder than 60v60. Maybe I will level up. lol Thought I was making bank.

Weird. I thought that you would get less honor if you were lowbie fighting lowbie. A friend of mine (also a rogue) killed over 40 alliance yesterday on STV. All solo. He was getting like 40 honor per solo kill (he is lvl 35 and was killing ppl up to lvl 39).

All 60 solo kills I did this week was 199 pts.

No, I mean when I kill a 60, I get 239, but given how much harder it is to kill a 60 at my level than as a geared 60…not a great benefit. I still probably won’t race to the finish, but good info to have. Sucks, but thanks. lol

1 Like

Hurricane is generally just numbers where a lot care more about PvE than not. The Enclave, the alliance drama took care of that. Oddly enough, Hurricane and NaCL played a huge part in that along with the Grobbulus subreddit mods and classicwow subreddit mods. Many left due to not wanting to deal with out of game drama for a 15-year old game. It’s funny to see the grob subreddit/discord constantly filled with drama though.

Many of the bigger alliance guilds are also not PvP guilds. They are mainly PvE turbo nerds. Why they rolled on a PvP realm? No idea. They don’t care about PvP to the extent the horde do. Most of the alliance are also just farming in SS/TM so they can sit back in a raid and just cast AOE abilities and let free honor trickle in. The horde have a lot of roaming parties and are also looking to camp flight paths. The alliance don’t have groups willing to sit for hours and do that.

Just wait until Blizzard decides to release battlegrounds in mid to late december and that’s where most of the pvp nerds will go.

3 Likes

To repeat, A lot of you guys posting in here saying “OMG HORDE SERVER” I didn’t see yesterday roaming the world.

Saturday was Horde dominated, for the most on Sunday Alliance had the main hubs contested or on lock. I don’t think its as doom and gloom for team blue as you think it is.

9 Likes

Some things are more important than a video game. You might learn that one day.

3 Likes

Nothing is more important than slaying alliance.

1 Like

Alliance really only have themselves to blame, lol. Most of your lot are Emerald Dream Alliance backwater, and you knowingly came to a server where most ED Horde were planning to dominate.

Deal with it :slight_smile:

4 Likes