Horde RP Revival

Hey folks! It can’t be lost to you that horde side walk-up has been lackluster for awhile. I’m thinking of starting a discord community with the intent to offer windows of time where there is available RP in Orgrimmar, and eventually a revival of sorts. If this is something you’d be interested in get at me in WoW or comment below. :slight_smile: Just gaging interest.

2 Likes

I am mostly Alliance and have a horde proxy since my guild is cross faction. I would personally love a reason to play on my horde more and be in Org. However, I also don’t really want another discord to be in so it is a catch 22, but I do really love the idea of somewhere that kind of annouces when things are around that is not just some mega catch all community either.

1 Like

Horde “leaders” from an Rp perspective shoot and shut down all attempts at brining more Horde players the moment it counters them. Good luck.

5 Likes

Sounds like a

#SkillIssue

1 Like

Ah the same Dwarf who was complaining about the Gilneans on his draenei toon. Do you ever get tired of being such a sour grape? Or is it just your life’s mission to be a debbie downer all the time?

2 Likes

I recommend checking out The Horde Vanguard Discord if you are looking to find a lot of Horde players in a discord as well as rp events and rp guilds: ⫸ The Horde Vanguard - Horde RP Community ⫷

3 Likes

I speak from experience with the horde bit. There’s a reason they can’t get passed a certain threshold and it’s because they stay in their own way. They all can’t agree on anything. Which is why there’s like 4 discords for the same community all ran by different people with the leaders of the next banned from one discord or another. It’s a shishow

Your guilds existed for 10 minutes big boy calm down.

Don’t get me wrong. There are some good eggs there and they can string together some great events when the time comes, but overall it’s a cesspool.

Imagine being so upset, that you have to post three different replies just to vent because you don’t have anyone to talk too. And calling something a cesspool where all you’ve spewed is toxicity yourself about other peoples projects. If you don’t like it, your entitled to your opinion. But you couldn’t leave it and HAD to come to the forums to talk about them.

Man we’re living rent free in your head at this point.

2 Likes

Honestly, lovely idea in thought. But ultimately, Horde rp is divided as is, I know vanguard is the biggest right now but… its also polarizing on its own. Unfortunately I think a community like this would be doomed from the start

1 Like

It’s all from personal experience. Sharing that with someone asking a question. No one’s mad at all. I am bored at the moment though and your need to reply is feeding me a lil bit not gonna lie

Oh don’t worry everyone gets ones, now you can go back to starving for more attention. :smiley:

1 Like

I would welcome anyone new to the RP scene, new to Horde, or people who are returning after a long time. It would be best to have guilds focus on themselves and make friends with others. No Discord is needed to accomplish this. Communication is the way to achieve this and it’s simple enough to whisper or add someone on bnet if that’s something that interests others.

Ultimately, I enjoy the Horde RP scene how it is now. It would be nice to have more people but when I log on I know who I am going to see. I know what to expect. On the Alliance there is no such peace. It’s busy, bustling, and impersonal. WrA is similar, especially with the recent move of Alliance elf RPers to WrA Silvermoon. So I find my community here.

If this community is not your community that is okay. However, it is my community and I love what is here. I’d welcome those who want to come over but will not abide by toxic or bad neighbor behavior. That simple! Find what community suits you and let people be where they want to in peace.

7 Likes

Moon Guard Horde lacks the numbers as the Alliance does on MG, but Horde Rp is not dead and is only divided due to people trying to play King of the Hill in the Sandbox of WoW. But you can find great Rp on Horde Side if you’re willing to put time and effort into the characters you make. You’re not going to get quantity Rp like you can just by walking around Stormwind. The best thing to do as I said if you put time into the character you make, flush it out and join a guild or even start your own with a group of friends and build from there. MG Horde Rp is guild based so make a new character and just have fun.

1 Like

Didn’t you just restart your guild? Kinda poor form to be throwing shade so soon no?

The problem with Horde RP is there was a huge division between Pro Faction War Horde guilds and more neutral/ neutral leaning guilds. The community tore itself apart because the Pro Faction War guilds did something in an RP event the others did not like.

2 Likes

Negitivity and grudges aside; OP, if you want to meet up we can talk and I can at least introduce you to a community that has no horse in this race and maybe we can help at least give shout outs when things are going on.

Persefaný is my horde version, you can send in-game mail and we can set something up.

“Instead of being intimidated by the limitations, be inspired to find new ways around them.” - Ralph Marston

2 Likes

I would love to. Granted, I know most RP Horde Side ONLY guild based and if you’re not part of a guild you’re sorta at a loss as walkup RP isn’t really a thing at all. And unless you have friends that are Horde to Rp with? Well, you’re out of luck unless it’s some sort of event - and even then sometimes you can’t really RP or get anything because you’re not part of a guild, which is fine. Except for people who don’t like just doing d20 events.

1 Like

Are you poor? Just start a business. It’s that simple!

Being in a third world country is no excuse to be broke. I mean, look a shell amirite?

–With the exception of Ban, that’s what most of you sound like auto discrediting the concern.

To rp on horde now is very premium, and in some cases esoteric in how you gain access to those circles. You need ID to get ID, and it’s been that way since the end of WOD honestly.

Discouraging anybody from trying to open the lid and build hype is a poor move honestly.

The average experience of the new person trying to join in horde RP is abysmal. If you like it that way, more power to you. But if there is any inkling of wanting to change that, put yourself in their position and employ just a little empathy.

Otherwise the easy lay-up response is going to continue to be ‘go to Wyrmrest’

Shout out to the folks ther doing their thing. Those guilds already know who they are and it helps instantly referring people to them and their third party resources.

Maybe the removal of race and faction restrictions on character creation will see this balance itself out.

Until then, be better to each other folks.

5 Likes