Horde roleplay: a lore guide for beginners

This is so great! Will be working on my contribution this weekend. Thanks for taking the lead on setting this up.
Thank you Lachesis! The forsaken section is now complete.

If you have any corrections or objections to the text posted thus far, you are welcome to bring it up for discussion.

It's great to have your support Raniere, thanks!
Great job! Just wanted to bring up one point regarding the Forsaken lore. It's very in-depth, going so far as to explain the Frozen Throne campaign and the aftermath of Illidan's failed strike on the Lich King.

However, I'm surprised there's no mention of Garithos. While he's often relevant to the sin'dorei as their antagonist, I believe it's just as important to explain how Sylvanas sided with what was effectively the last remnant of Lordaeron's military and reneged on her promise to return their capital after the dreadlords were defeated, it might give more context to why ambassadors to the Alliance were slaughtered with no explanation given, barring of course how fresh the memory was of Lordaeron's annihilation at the hands of the undead, a fate that the Horde was spared by going to Kalimdor and avoiding the opening stages of the Third War.
The Nightborne lore guide has now been posted. Thank you Raniere!
I looked into how to get a thread stickied and the best way seems to be to "Submit Suggestion" using the Help button in the Game Menu.

If you would like to support this thread, please take a moment to report it for a sticky!

Some people reported emailing using this email address, but that was back in 2010, so I'm not sure if it still works.
wowreportedpost@blizzard.com
Tauren is also done. Thank you Taeana!
Yay Tae! Stonewind represent!
Xiechi has just written an excellent guide to the Horde pandarens. Woot, thank you!

We still need writers for blood elves (Luneth maybe?), orcs, and trolls.
Woo, yay we got a sticky! Thanks everyone who helped to report this!!
Mag'har Orcs have been added. Much appreciation goes to Ro'go. I have messaged a few people to try and fill the remaining gaps!
Is there an Alliance version ?
Not yet, but it's a great idea. Maybe someone will volunteer!
Wonderful thread. I shall be adding a link in Aurelia's Discord.
Thanks! It's still a work in progress, but we are slowly filling the remaining gaps.
I've decided to fill-in the remaining gaps in this guide! Highmountain is now complete. I will still try to outsource the work for trolls and blood elves if possible.

The next guide I will be working on is orcs!

EDIT: Orcs is also done! The sweat is dripping in the office here.
There is now a community channel, Orgrimmar City RP!

Code: 5EoRxkLINpq (best to copy/paste)

Come meet fellow roleplayers and tell all your friends. Yay!
Keillan has submitted the Blood Elf section for this guide, and it has been accepted!
Thanks buddy, great job.

The only ones remaining now are:
-Trolls
-Zandalari Trolls
-San'lyn (leave this one for Tyrinade)

It seems that no one wants to touch trolls, so I guess I will get around to it...eventually!

But if you feel inclined to beat me to it, please do!
Trolls are now done. Great job Anansi!

So that's all the main races completed. Zandalari trolls - we'll wait until Blizzard gives us a bit more lore.

If you have comments or corrections for any of the posts in this guide, please speak up!

Bumping this thread! We need someone to write a guide to roleplaying vulpera and also Zandalari trolls. Contact me on discord (Flywheel#4087) if you want to do it, but you have questions! If no one responds, I will do it myself, but I would prefer if someone passionate or more knowledgeable wrote the post.

I’m very interested in this read. Any idea if it is in the works?

Love the resources!