Horde Players 1v1 much?

The gear mentality in the game has been cancer forever due to what you are saying. It also prevents many players from playing multiple toons which is why the class forums are stuck with so many complaints from people who don’t know how another class works.

/salute

I’ll second that.

/salute

Funniest thing is having to chase people with War Mode on…really?! Like why do you even bother just do BGs and stick to Arenas. Why act like you want to world PvP when you don’t have the heart to even stand on your own to feet. Fair fights I don’t care about a fair fight in a 1v1 as much. If I think I can kill you whatever level I am im going to do it.

Even this one im on if I see you on your level 120 400ilvl ret or something standing around. I’m going climb on a hill behind you and light you up like the 4th of July and keep attacking you till I kill you and if you get me im liable to come back and try again a couple times. Only time i don’t attack when I know i won’t win a counter class maybe with a really high gear advantage with a level advantage maybe too. Most my toons aren’t very geared hovering from 390 ilvl-360 ilvl on 7 120s. I hate PvE and mainly get upgrades from Conquest weekly caps and World Bosses. So nothing but time on my hands to chase people around and start fights.

Maybe it’s a mentality I started WoW it was on a realm dominated by Horde who regularly raid SW and there may not have been but a handful of Horde that actually didn’t get “For the Alliance”. We used to joke the Horde had more belf Paladin then we had members of the alliance out together…yet still we fought and had fun trying to beat the odds. Win or lose you got War Mode on stop bring to scared to two gloves when someone wants a go at you.

P.S. We used to have a dueling community and all you had to do is stand out SW or Goldshire to find or lol

1 Like

You’re forgetting that a large number of people with WM enabled loathe WPVP. They opt in only for the bonuses. In fact, I’d wager that the majority of people in WM have no desire to pvp, and are there exclusively for the bonuses. I’m guessing these are the people you’re seeing running away.

3 Likes

I see this behavior on both sides as i have two 120s horde/ally both decently geared not great but can smack around a few pvers trying to get that sweet 10% and or 20/30% whatever ally may have atm…

2 Likes

20% currently.

1 Like

It would be a dwarf to climb on a hill to get some advantage…

You better hope I can’t get in that hill…little one.:laughing:

1 Like

The question I have for you is, why would they engage you if they think you’re going to win? It’s a wpvp strategy, always run if you don’t have the advantage, whether that is numbers, surprise, or terrain.

1 Like

I will be the first to admit…if a larger group engages me I try to fight back to some degree as futile as it may be. Sometimes it feels like I get one shotted and chain cc’d.

But so help me if I see someone in the group that just ganked me about to go down you better believe I’m rezzing and trying to take that guy with me.

2 Likes

I gladly 1v1 people, even if I die, I’ll 1v1. /shrug. If we’re going by experience, I, as a horde player, see alliance running from 1v1s and bringing more to help them. I’m sure horde does the same thing. I’ll admit it, I’ve jumped in when I see a hordie dying 1v1. It is what it is. It’s not faction specific.

3 Likes

This is why we need to do away with the bonuses. Across all boards. See who sticks around. I know the pve hordies won’t, since they don’t get that sweet sweet… 10 percent bonus. xD

4 Likes

If you do, you gotta say “welcome to Thunderdome!”

1 Like

“Master Blaster run Barter Town”

1 Like

i 1v1 people all the time at this children’s card game

1 Like

I have to say Nomak summarized this well. This whole “x faction is chicken” is hilariously delusional in that there are those on both sides who are like that.

Anyway I remember you, so not surprised to see something like this posted…

3 Likes

Not everyone wants to be a “Just bleed”, “Leeroy” no strategy thinking tunnvelvisoner in a PVP encounter; they want to test themselves and see how well they react to x,y and for us it’s quite fulfilling to win when shouldn’t or when the odds are against; having said that just throwing yourself at someone dying over again is an emotional repercussion to getting triggered :slight_smile:

Better to come back at them with a plan, and I usually do when I have been ganked and often get revenge very fast.

You are actually the perfect player to run into for me since I won’t gank, and you will generally get the first shot. Though it’s generally not the other guy getting the last :slight_smile:

Well these people seem to be fine when they are in mix of their own faction against 1-2 other players; fine with the “PVP”. What’s kind of comical is how they react when there buddies move on and all of a sudden they are pveing and woah, oh no, that guy I “killed” is back and wants to fight me 1v1. Oh noes! ; Priceless :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both factions do it; it’s just a perception thing that you would tend to “feely” that your faction is on the short end stick or whatever. That’s human nature to think like that in a competitive game like WOW.

Oh yeah, I know. Just stating my experience, is all. I play a rogue. We’re known not to play fair. xP

Warmode should of never been introduced, They should just of made it so that pvp servers could turn off pvp and had it over with. Warmode by far is going to one of the worst things BFA is going to leave its marks on WoW. I know this might be unpopular opinion but look at from this kind of perspective. Warmode incentives have noting to do with PvP, you do not gain conquest or Honor for completing WQ in WM aside from the invasions. You’ll rarely will find a decent enough fight, most the time players will just run from you, or you’ll get ganged up on. The WQ have no pvp objectives. Sharding can really ruin any players experience, by having a balanced shard get flooded one way or the other. The only reason why most players even go into warmode is for the 10%+ bonus, which most of the time causes more issues then it is worth.

I can see arguments for both sides here, I can see how some player enjoy the random encounters for a pvp match up. But I also say for every 1 good story about WM, I bet there is 10x more horror stories about how people have had a huge negative experience over a positive one.

2 Likes