Horde Players 1v1 much?

There are more horde players, and there’s certainly more horde PvPers; ergo horde on technicality would do it more.

I’m not so sure about that especially during AOO week. There seems to be more Ally overall across multiple realms.

Not really. Even afterwards it usually drops to 15%, and not 10%. I haven’t seen it go down to 10%, since it’s based off of amount of people and participation if there was MORE Alliance it would either be 10% for both, or horde would have 15-20%+ depending on how much more.

1 Like

All that means is more horde still have WM on. That doesn’t mean more horde are actually PVPing which is what I’m referencing.

Honestly, I see tons of people not interested in PvP even during AOO week on both sides. I can never get any help when attacked by a group no matter what faction I’m playing just ‘lul if you don’t want to get ganked by X turn off WM’ remarks when I even MENTION 5 people at Y area.

1 Like

I play both factions. Try doing an incursion during a week AOO is active (as horde). Then come back to the forums and tell me if you still feel the same way.

I stand by my point though. Most players are bad, and are afraid to 1v1, hence the group zerging. This behavior is not exclusive to horde or alliance.

1 Like

I still do. I see it from Invasions on both factions, a lot. Raid groups, multiple 5 man groups; doesn’t matter.

The game isn’t even remotely balanced for 1v1, and it’s only gotten worse as time has gone on. No matter how much you outplay certain class or spec, they can still absolutely kill you for no other reason than that class/spec being strong against yours or they have X trait and Y trinket. Gear and class mean a lot more than player skill in 2019, just saying. I wish it wasn’t this way, and I’d enjoy WPvP a lot more if it consisted mostly of 1v1’s but dueling is also a thing.

1 Like

Ok, using your argument. Switch to some FOTM class, go get some gear, and faceroll your way to victory. Problem solved.

Then you have another class/spec that can do the same to you, and getting gear and traits at specific ilvl is a lot of work and partially RNG. I’m not sure there’s a ‘fotm class’ that can 1v1 everything, I was just giving some examples of how 1v1 works because the game is in no way balanced for it. Honestly not sure why the forum system is removing post quotes from my posts…

Sounds like WoW PVP isn’t for you then. I mean, who actually wants to put in work to build their character and improve their skills. Much more fun to get wrekt in PVP, then post on the forums about “lack of balance”.

I have 4 120’s and I enjoy PVP on all of them. Go figure…

Yeah, because the skill floor is so high and the skill ceiling is so low that players with lesser skill does tend to enjoy the newer PvP changes; I understand that completely. New-age PvP perhaps isn’t for me, which is why I participate in it a lot less than prior expansions; since I prefer skill > class/Gear.

Gear is not everything…it takes both skill and gear my friend. That still remains true.

1 Like

Sure. What gear can I get from doing casual PvP, can I get the best PvP gear available to be at the same level as others doing PvP? (No, you get far lower ilvl.) and is PvP gear the best for PvP? (No, too many PvE items are far stronger for PvP; spec/class dependant on what traits are ‘broken’.)

Sorry, it’s more about class/gear than Skill than it ever has been. Does that mean there’s no difference between top-tier and low-tier for performance? Not really, but as I’ve already stated. The skill floor is higher, skill ceiling lower.

A proper pvp vendor can fix that. That is lacking in the expac.

The gear you get is the time and effort you put in…along with RN-geesus.

As far as the debate on Ilevel and skill.

Someone with a modest skill level that knows their class and other class weaknesses can beat someone that has a higher item level.

2 Likes

Mr Percivall can attest to that. He has beaten me plenty having lower level gear.
And I don’t suck by any stretch…

He got blessed by getting a 410 from an emissary quest…

So yea, not sure what you are complaining about…

1 Like

‘can’, sure. However the % of that occuring is a lot lower than the % of them losing to someone as a result of their class even if they outplay them completely.

Entertain me, which class do you claim has easy mode and why?

1 Like

You misunderstand a little, there will always be classes like that; however I am saying that in comparison to older PvP, say MoP and prior… there were higher skill ceilings to play classes/specs properly and a larger difference between a top-end player and a newbie-pvper or even an average-level PvPer. The skill floor was lower, the skill ceiling higher. I’m saying it’s easier to play classes/specs currently than at those times on average, and there’s far less of a difference from a top-end player vs an average player as far as what they can do, skill-wise vs others.

Whereas before I had all these different things I could do to make myself stand out, do better vs x or y class/spec; now I am far more limited in what I can do there to ‘outplay’ another player so to speak.

Praise be to the RNG Light. :joy:

2 Likes

Seriously I’m gonna do some hating!

You know how long I was rolling with a pair of 390 legs! I carry them around in my bag as a reminder!

Those legs have all the right stains on the outside and all the wrong stains on the inside!

2 Likes