Horde Mage Port Spots

As a Horde player, where are the more common spots you wish you could get a port from, or a summon to? Please, specify which you are talking about.

If you want to make money selling ports, go to 1 of these areas:

1. Kargath. This is the horde town closest to blackrock, which means BRD, LBRS, UBRS, MC, AND BWL. People who bind their stone to raid have no quick way home. It’s quite common for broke level 40 mages to bum change here trying to get mount mage.
  2. Cenarion Hold. Almost the same as above, except for AQ content. Once AQ is open, people will ask for ports out of this desert day and night.
    Rich 60 raiders are your best customers, as they usually drop 1g or more on ports.

It’s not about making money. I’m dedicated to making my server the BEST server that Classic WoW has. Ports will be free.

Bank areas or center of tauren buffs totem flight path in thunderbuff.

Then you’re going to be losing money on the ports. But money or not, those are the areas that ports are most requested (other than cities).
Other good zones: Ungoro, Tanaris, Desolace

I’m very well aware of this fact. Not everyone is out to get every penny they can.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but what he’s saying is that you’ll be spending your own gold buying the portal reagents. It’s gonna be expensive, and you’ll have to fund it somehow.

1 Like

It will be ok. Let me worry about the cost of what I want to do. I would just lke to know areas people want ports/summons. Alliance side too if anyone wants to suggest.

Everyone in vanilla carried portal reagents on them. Paying for ports wasnt a thing for the most part. Some people tipped a little, it sure wasnt getting you a mount anytime soon.

wait what? i… yeah, suuure we’ll go with that. of course i carried around portal reagents! >.>

Well, either you didnt play vanilla or you dont remember. Getting a portal from a mage was simply trading them the reagent, unless they really went out of their way to come to you.

lol… i’m not even disagreeing with you. i’m just amused.

Well, from what I remember people just payed a bit of coin, if they were donating at all for a port. mostly just to cover the cost of the regent.

Well if you don’t remember them trading you a reagent then that means you’ve either forgotten or you didn’t play vanilla ^^

It’s 20s to cast a portal (self teleport is 10s). Mages typically want to get at least this much so they’re not at a loss porting you. But you can be charitable if you want, by all means. The best areas are those very far away from cities. If they’re already close by, they’re bound to just fly unless they want to go to the other continent.

Gadgetzan is probably a good choice.

… what? Why would any non-mages carry mage reagents around?

It is, I listed tanaris. But there’s plenty of others.

apparently it’s more convenient than paying the mage a tip. unless what’s being implied is that sometimes you meet mages that aren’t carrying portal reagents.

Wasting a bag slot surely isn’t any more convenient than just dropping 20s, 50s, 1g, or whatever you want into the trade window instead.

If you meet a mage that isn’t carrying reagents, well… they shouldn’t be offering ports. If you’re sending whispers and you’re told that the tip is buying the reagent that’s something entirely different.