Horde lock portal in AV

if you find the right spot you can just run up, you don’t need to use spells or be one of those classes.

1 Like

correct me if i’m wrong, but an alliance lock can also setup a gate at the frozen waterfall to let alliance backdoor into horde’s keep.

I’d have to check it out, but last I tried was getting path not available.

This was fixed in 5.4 I believe. The point is, it was fixed years ago.

When’s the last time you played AV?

1 Like

It’s a tad bit frustrating when our best choke point can be easily bypassed.
[/quote]

Hmm by definition, it’s not a choke point then

Did you keep scrolling down?

My Horde Demon Hunter can also fel rush up the slight hill and into the base near either side of the south bunker.

Does anybody know an alternative way to get into the horde base?

Outlaw could grapple up the frozen waterfall as of 8.0. I haven’t tested it in 8.1 though to see if it’s still working.
On the rare occasion that I merc Alliance, I usually use another grapple spot to go from the ground to the 2nd level of East FW tower without needing to go through the gate, but I won’t give that one away since it’s quite good.
Grapple also allows you to bypass IBGY choke, or to pull the guards away from the flag so someone else can cap.

I just saw with my own eyes an alliance lock port can be used to get into horde base.
The lock set the port up just south of the waterfall on a small hill behind a tree. The end part of the port landed near the bridge by the towers and the flight master.

1 Like

Good to know.

Yes, there is a back way into Horde keep. I’ve used it many times. It’s great for stealth capping of east or west without coming in through the front.

The route is more difficult then jumping up behind South bunker, and requires a goblin glider. But it is there.