Horde leadership is kinda with so many councils

Don’t try to conceal your gnome envy with antignome rhetoric. We all know the gnome love buried deep in your gnome-heart.

One gnome, one vote!

4 Likes

All hail the gnome nation! If we could only be half as cool as the gnomes :blush:

2 Likes

Gnomes have a meritocracy right? Not a democracy? I thought their thing was that whoever invents the coolest stuff gets to lead, which is a cool system tbh

1 Like

It actually is, all jokes aside, one gnome, one vote.

Though this being gnomes, the venn diagram of “should be leader” and “makes coolest stuff” is more or less a perfect circle.

1 Like

As the official new Warchief of the Horde and the racial leader of the Mocha Elves (and also the most popular Mocha Elf in existence), I approve of the gnome love.

3 Likes

Warchief of the Horde? You must be the Warchief of Nothing then

1 Like

:frowning_face:

Why you so mean, Faranoth?

I am good Warchief. I don’t even want to declare war against the night elves.

It would make my boyfriend Malfurion mad.

I just got an image in my head of Gonzo dressed as Zandalari royalty and I can’t stop smiling. Thanks, Erevien.

I find it very difficult to believe that they will villain bat the Alliance, though I can see the Alliance questing experience involving them working with the Lightbound until they have a break near the end of the leveling campaign. The end game campaign then involving them fighting back against the Lightbound, possible trying to save some members, and rescuing those the Lightbound kidnapped.

2 Likes

It just feels weird to have a Horde Council and then you have a Desolate council for forsaken.

Like I myself as a darkfallen or undead hate to say something like “FOR THE COUNCIL!” instead of “FOR THE WARCHIEF” or “FOR SYLVANAS”

Nowadays your warcry would go something like “For Petes Sake!”

1 Like

Do what I would do on an undead toon post-Shadowlands. Finish the Calia’s Lordaeron Restoration quest line and get the “of Lordaeron” title. Then just use “FOR LORDAERON” on your undead toons.

Of course I’m not certain if this would be all that effective these days but once upon a time it would have driven some of the more hardcore Alliance fans completely into spastic ragefits.

2 Likes

I will always hate trying to justify/rationalize things that make the game worse (like diluting The Horde’s identity) in service of irrational story beats. If bad writing is why something so dumb is happening, just bad-write your way out of the corner and stop bad-writing in the future.

3 Likes

there should be a gnome election every few years you can vote in if you have a level 60 gnome

3 Likes

Blizzard wants to write “Game of Thrones” type internal drama. Since the Alliance is forever forced to be the “good guys” due to the writers clear lack of interest in anything that doesn’t involve Anduin, the Horde has to provide the setting for the aftermentioned drama and tension.

2 Likes

When you have two councils we call that council squared.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if we’ll ever get that Thrall vs Geya’rah “I’m The True Child of Durotan” punchfest. She always gave me the vibe that she regarded Thrall as a false usurper rather than a bro.

1 Like

Still technically is though. A lack of term limits doesn’t change the fact that they were elected to begin with.

It’s just not a very GOOD democratic process.

I’m betting that the Warchief will return in a few years time, but as a strictly General position with the Horde Council able to rein them in. An equivalent to the Alliance’s current Lord Commander position.

1 Like

I mean I guess I would be down for having a character bearing the title of Warchief whose role would be to lead and coordinate the war efforts in times of, well, war. Just not as a full-time leader or as a replacement for the Horde Council.

4 Likes

Ironically that take of the Horde is more like the original Alliance before the Wrynns were named God-Emperor’s of the Alliance and destroyed the faction.

1 Like