@ Horde in Isle of Conquest: plz stop "turtling hard" đź‘Ž

Recently I’ve been in 2 games where Horde turtled “hard” after the gate fell. These games ended up going close to ~45 minutes each :man_facepalming:

After a while I started to wonder if maybe the Horde team was some kind of organized premade or something?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just the most “aggressive” turtling that you don’t really see from random pugs… I’m talking literally 30-35 Horde hiding out in the boss room, creating a stalemate for up to 15-20 minutes.

Cut it out guys, it just drags out the loss and wastes people’s time - it’s annoying. If your gate goes down just accept the loss so we can all get on with our day.

No need to turn a (what should be) 15-17 minute IoC into a 45-50 minute game, such “intense” turtling just prolongs the inevitable :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve been in those games, where Horde players rush WS, completely ignore hangar and the glaives tearing down our gates, and then when the Alliance gate is at 97% and our gate is down they compound their stupidity and call out to turtle.

I’m not one to tap out and I compete to the end (if the group is competent), but after waiting in a 20+ minute queue for a group that didn’t care to follow the most simple strategies towards winning, there is no reason to then turn the 10 minute loss into a 40+ minute loss.

2 Likes

Epic BG’s were put in place for longer games. I have been in several turtles (both wins and loses) in IOC where the dug in team won. Yes it took a long time to finish but the action was non-stop. The 60 conquest points per time investment is not greater the intent of the long drawn out by design battlegrounds.

If the game took 45 minutes then if you would have AFK’d out at the beginning of the turtle you would have most likely dropped the debuff and have already received another queue pop.

I find it hard to queue for any random BG now. It is wait in a long queue then once in the game everyone is in “hurry up” mode so they can sit in another long queue. I would rather enjoy the current game that I am in rather than looking to enjoy the next one. I would rather get a queue to lop-sided loss than play an Epic BG that is completed in 5 minutes because both teams go out of their way to avoid each other and only PvE to win.

Skirms are meant to be fast games without strategy.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly, if it’s a loss it’s a loss… no need to waste everyone’s time with 25-30 minutes of “intense” turtling :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve seen turtling work though

6 Likes

It’s rare, unless you have an offense team actually making progress on the enemy gate in the background then it’s just a waste of everybody’s time :man_facepalming:

In last night’s game, the Alliance gate was still 49.2% at the end of the match, so they didn’t even have a good offense to go with their turtle.

They legit just holed themselves up in the Horde boss room, like 30-35 players, and turtled “intensely” for like 25 minutes. We ended up winning despite this (after some very heavy teamfighting in the courtyard), so they just wasted time with all that “intense” turtling :-1:

1 Like

Turtles are fun though! IoC is pretty boring without it.

5 Likes

Nah, they’re not fun, they’re annoying

AFK out of it then? 100% would rather turtle than roll over and let the other team win in 2 minutes by killing an NPC.

5 Likes

Yeah you’re right, totally wasting your time… speaking of tactics; the Greeks holding the pass of Thermopylae should’ve just gave up and let the Persians win right away.

4 Likes

Nice try, but this is a video game.

That analogy is apples to oranges, not really relevant.

You’re describing it as a Turtle and a waste of time. I’ll describe it as a strategy that can get Horde a win.

Horde doesn’t get the Hanger. Alliance has a good team does what they should Horde gate comes down and Alliance gate is still at 1/3 or even 1/2. Horde wipes Alliance or simply puts up a good defense. While also knocking down the rest of the Alliance gate.

At the right time Horde head to Alliance Keep to kill Boss. Leaving enough to slow down Alliance getting to the Horde Boss. It went from Horde having no chance (giving up) to having a win, with a little luck.

For this to work you will have to have good players replacing the ones who deserted.

4 Likes

Not to mention, you wait long enough as horde. Those who actually like pvp will want to pvp as much as possible. Don’t think many care about win/loss so much. Plenty of ways to cap CP in a week.

2 Likes

The games where there is a turtle and the game isn’t node > door > boss are how the game should play. There is little PvP action in breaking down a door and taking down a PvE mob.

1 Like

Turtling was so much more fun when the demolishers wouldn’t one shot everybodY. It actually allowed for PVp.

1 Like

It’s not about winning either, it’s about PvP’ing till the last resource.

Not in IoC. You’re just giving away Quarry and Refinery which will replenish their lost resources. And since you also gave them Docks, WS, and Hangar, they can afford to sit back and wait for resources to build back up before they attempt their next push into the keep.

1 Like

If the reinforcement count is close and they’re legit trying to win, I don’t see a problem with it at all.

Umm, yes in IoC. I have lost at least two battles with the Alliance getting through the gates first and the Horde using a turtle strategy to pull out the win.

I don’t know what to tell you other than you guys deserved to lose. There’s absolutely no reason a losing team trying to turtle should amount to anything other than a drawn out loss.

And that’s not to say that it can’t still be fun to make the other team work for it, but the very nature of the mechanics of IoC are set up to punish a turtle. Even if a turtle keeps the other team from killing their boss they will still run out of resources first by design of the resource replenishment from having both Quarry and Refinery.