Horde guilds on Faerlina are illegally colluding w/ Alliance guilds via Discord to have them KoS any horde players trying to honestly farm devilsaur leather, in order to price gouge and monopolize the market

Lol okay. My highest classic toon is 44.

LOL @ using the term Illegally. Gonna call the cops on them to arrest them? Wonder what the judge would sentence them to? lol.

3 Likes

I have no idea about this thing.
I’m just telling you the impression I got when I read your reply.

Horde/Alliance collusion has been happening since the beginning of WoW.

Wait until the honor system hits and you have people colluding to get R14.

1 Like

PvP is always a cesspool community, overall. No surprises.

At least on a PvE server you can filter out toxic people from your play experience at a much better success rate.

6 Likes

This kind of this is pretty deplorable and unhonorable. However it’s not new and I don’t think it’s banable. I think your best argument is the fact they’re manipulating the economy, but I don’t know if it’s at a level Blizzard would care.

Let them have their leather, go farm somewhere else. Every class has something they can do to grind gold at a decent rate.

I’m sorry but this is rather childish. To put it shortly, PVP is happening on a PVP server. You’re annoying people on your own faction and hiding behind the same faction tag. And then complaining when people find a clever way around it.

When I played Archeage, we did far worse in the form of spying. Anyone who played on the Lucius server knows who Xiceman is. He was legend. Hated by his own faction and even attacked on sight (you could attack your own faction there). But a great guy to have in TS. Always funny and always fun to play the game with. We made his eastern character rich. He was worth every gold piece and every tradepack.

And you know what? People did it to us as well. They even had spies in our guild, and in our teamspeak server (pretty sure that last one is damn near close to being actually illegal, violating computer access laws and all that).

We didn’t cry to Trion about it. We used it to our advantage in major PVP events by conveying false information in general chats. We had our own counter agents to combat spies and conspirators.

Too often people want an equal fight, with equal terms, and equal numbers for their PVP. They don’t wish to be outleveled, outgeared, outnumbered, outespionaged, and so forth. All of that can be found on PVE. You can PVP with your ideal settings. I recommend doing that.

I really doubt Blizzard is going to action this. They’re not in the business of policing other peoples’ discords.

1 Like

Right, that’s fine. My point is that’s not a crime under any law or statute. Violating Blizzard’s policies or the EULA or Community Guidelines != Crime.

2 Likes

I think op works for cnn

3 Likes

just wait until you have horde guilds buying mats from alliance people to get the AQ gates open faster

I always thought Horde/Alliance collusion like this was bannable which is why it was only so openly happening on private servers. I know collisions like this have happened before, so I’m not saying this is anything new, but I’m pretty sure it is bannable.

Have to wait and see what Blizzard says/does

Personally I hope to see mafia tears on the forums

7 Likes

Illegal - adjective:

• Not according to or authorized by law.
    Also:
  • Not sanctioned by official rules (as of a game)

If you try to move your rook diagonally in chess, you’re not committing a crime, but it absolutely an “illegal move.”

5 Likes

That sucks :slightly_frowning_face:
I hope a solution is found for you.

I’m very happy I rerolled on a non PvP server, because stuff like that is… Well… I think your post explained it.

And that is just another reason I play on pve servers

1 Like

you’re not supposed to be communicating in real-time with members of the opposite faction, and especially not with the intent of revealing the location of your factionmates to your enemies. in any stretch, in any game, that is definitively cheating.

17 Likes

I believe that it was against the rules in actual vanilla, but due to the new ToS agreement there isn’t a rule against cross faction collusion because well… there’s no reason to do it in retail wow.

This game needs to allow same faction PVP. That way only PVPers are on PVP servers. Not duelers.

2 Likes

Maybe…but it still happens and has happened for as long as I can remember it. People were doing it for devilsaur back in the day as well as R14/PvP grinds. At the end of the day, Blizzard can’t police what happens on Discord/Ventrillo/Teamspeak/telephone/instant messaging/etc. as far as I am aware of.

their actions are directly hurting members of their own faction. that’s not “PvP”, they’re circumventing game design/limitations to actively prevent factionmates from playing the game.

they’re literally assisting the enemies in killing their teammates by providing them information in real-time that they’re not-supposed to have.

how can anyone defend this?

9 Likes

just because people have been cheating for a while doesn’t mean it’s okay.

8 Likes