Horde guilds on Faerlina are illegally colluding w/ Alliance guilds via Discord to have them KoS any horde players trying to honestly farm devilsaur leather, in order to price gouge and monopolize the market

There are (at least) 2 Horde guilds on Faerlina, and , who have established a devilsaur leather “mafia”. They sit in Discord with Alliance guilds (including at least ), and whenever other Horde members try to farm devilsaur leather, or even as so much get NEAR devilsaurs, they relay the Horde members positions to the Alliance guilds, who promptly arrive and kill them. The Alliance and Horde colluders have a truce to not-kill members of their guilds, but kill everyone else.

This is illegal, dishonorable, and immoral. These guilds are circumventing in-game mechanics (the inability to communicate in real-time with members of the opposing faction) using third-party applications in order to betray members of their own faction, and deny them access to materials and gear that they need. The “mafia” guilds then establish a monopoly on devilsaur leather/gear, and price gouge the items.

Their operations are so vast and organized (e.g., 24/7 “guarding” of Un’Goro) that the entire server has become aware of their operations. and members often all their gear to level-1 alts in attempt to remove themselves from their guilty guild tags (although some of the level 1 alts still use the guild tags). (it won’t let me post the link but its imgur dot com slash a/OkQYBpB )

Other / members will leave their guild temporarily while selling it (to obfuscate their true guild affiliations). Some mafia members have even gone so far as to openly admit to mafia-farming, and reminding players they have no choice: Gom-Faerlina writes in /2, “Every melee worth their salt has a pair of [Devilsaur Gauntlets][Devilsaur Leggings]. Either be mad or get yourself a fine, mafia approved set”. (it won’t let me post the link but its imgur dot com slash a/7pAjBKY )

This is ruining the game experience for players. This is not simply “PvP” or “ganking”, this is an organized operation to control entire server economies using illegal cross-faction REAL-TIME chat, and to betray their own faction members who are trying to obtain and farm their own materials.

Please upvote this for visibility; the GMs need to see this and ban the offending guilds.

GMs – If you need further evidence, I have screenshots from members in which they not only explicitly admit to all of the above accusations, but brag about doing so. (The screenshots include the BattleTag ID of someone in the guild so I don’t want to post their name publicly).

71 Likes

Advertise, is that you?

4 Likes

is that you Advertise? or DOg

3 Likes

In nasally voice: for the Horde!!!

9 Likes

So bring more members to kill them? Seems like a PVP solution to a PVP problem.

Sounds like a normal bank alt.

You do have a choice. Go form a group and kill the players who are preventing you from farming leather.

Online interactions not rated by the ESRB. Perhaps rerolling on a PvE server is more your style.

It is PVP and trying to label it as something else is disingenuous. It is organized PVP using comms which once BG’s come out and the pre-mades destroy the pugs these same posts will be being made.

2 Likes

This has been happening on both legitimate versions of Vanilla and on pirated servers for like 15 years now…

Are you honestly surprised?

5 Likes

Well you chose the streamer server - what did you expect?

Of course people are gonna tryhard and seek outside resources like discord and twitch

Can’t get senpai to notice you if you aren’t making news

15 Likes

Pretty clever, really.

1 Like

So many CAPS. So futile.

I like advertise’s chops as a player, but Devilsaur is sooooo last week.

Thorium is the new spice. Get with it.

But srsly: demand is flat. Gold selling is lame if thats their angle, and they will get banned. No hard evidence either way.

2 Likes

Veiled streamer advertisement.

2 Likes

Just because it happened on private servers doesn’t make it right. Besides, there was no Discord in vanilla so can’t use that as an excuse.

I do think this should be actionable. This is not PVP. This, IMO, seems like online bullying. Anyone should be able to farm anything they want. Sure, PVP happens once in a while, but if there is some managed plan by a person or persons so only they can farm a particular item, then it needs to be looked at by Bliz.

17 Likes

So glad there is none of this BS on Arcanite Reaper

You should get them to invite you to the guild, make as much profit as you can, then ninja something from them.

2 Likes

impeach!

oh wait…

3 Likes

couldn’t pay me to play on one of those servers. the streamers have it so jacked its nothing at all like classic back in the day.

6 Likes

I had some Alliance guy following me the other day telling horde my location. Doing stuff like this cross faction should be bannable, if it isn’t already.

17 Likes

That’s all fine and dandy, but I’m pretty sure there’s no crimes being committed. Calling it “illegal” is a bit of a stretch.

5 Likes

The fact that you assume who they are, tells me that he’s telling the truth.
And that you’re part of it.

9 Likes

not much of a stretch, circumventing the design of the game

1 Like

Since Discord has always been the ONLY way to communicate with people…

LOL!