Horde Guild Using ''Owl''

It’s been brought to my attention on social media that a Horde guild is using my name as it’s current guild name… which is leading people to believe I am a member of said guild. It might not be against the TOS, but the members of Tichondrius have their own set of rules in game. We’re like one big mafia family - both factions included. It’s all about respect. I do not appreciate any guild using the name ‘‘Owl’’ in any part of the guild title… nor do I appreciate them using my iconic status to try attracting new members. Yes, I am, by far the most popular player on Tichondrius, but I am currently in semi-retirement. I do not want to come out of retirement to destroy another Horde guild. It bores me. I want to prepare myself for Shadowlands. Be respectful.

I am asking the guild to change it’s name. I’ll list a few names below you might consider.

Night Mom
Night Cat
Night Raccoon
Night Ranger (Terrible Rock band.)
Night Vanguard (Most Horde members have no creativity, so Vanguard is huge on the Horde side.)
Night Rat
Night Kill

All easy words to spell, other than ‘‘Raccoon.’’ Most Horde members believe it’s spelled with one ‘c’. Just copy and paste it.

Thanks.

1 Like

I have no idea who you are, our guild name is based on us being up late at night and having late raid times. The term “Night Owl” has been around forever. Must not be that well known

You are trolling. I’ve been playing on Tichondrius for years, both horde and alliance and I have never heard of you. Even if I had heard of you or you were actually someone to care about, there’s no way we are changing our guild name to appease you. Come out of retirement and try us.

2 Likes

I’m not going to sit here and argue with a guy who had to use special characters in his name, because the ORIGINAL name is currently in use… about lack of creativity and infringement. I addressed the situation, and I asked nicely. You DO know who I am - that’s a fact. I’ve had to deal with this for years… There’s literally hundreds of Owlcapwn’s pretending to be me as I type.

But since it’s not a violation of TOS - I can’t do anything about it… but inform my people of Tichondrius… I am not a part of this guild. Straight Outta Gankton is a huge success, and joining the Horde would be a massive fail on my part.

I would never join a guild with such lack of originality and creativity.

man i cant tell if you’re trolling or really think you’re that important. i know this is hard to hear but i’ve never heard of you in my life, you’re no swifty sorry man

1 Like

This situation has been addressed on social media (twitter.) All members of this guild, including low geared, and levelers will be #1 priority.

If you decide to talk this out like a human being, send me a dm @OwlcapwnTV

Subject is closed.

find your own drama, yall bother us we’ll just turn WM off, u really can’t do anything about it. we have better things to do, goodbye

Night Owl, a security company formed in '09, a term for people who stay up late since at least 1581, and asking to not use the word “owl”, which has meanings dating far before WoW was even a concept.

Unfortunate you think a guild would change their name because you happened to go by the name “Owl”.

We’re going through rough times right now. So, I addressed the situation in a calm, friendly manner. They got defensive about it - and now because of that, they believe changing the name is a sign of weakness. It would be a sign of decency and respect. Respect for a founding member of Tichondrius. A person who has been here from day 1 - the very first Owlcapwn on any server. Respect for the greatest world pvper this game has ever seen. I guess that’s asking too much from the Horde. A faction that benefits from special character names, and infringement.

I was perfectly polite about the situation… and now I’ll be coming out of retirement. My nephew already has a character ready to enter the guild. The guild will be dead within a month - and Owlcapwn will still be here. Stay safe, folks.

I will not be responding to any further comments.

Be humble. You seem to have an inflated sense of self-importance, yet for someone who is so high and mighty, why have people not heard about you?

Nice to see good ol’ Owl still on the forums. This gave me a good laugh.

5 Likes

Wow looks like Owlcapwn reeled in a big catch today LOL. Too easy

5 Likes

Hahahahaha you guys really don’t know OWLCAPWN?! C’mon! Must be new to Tichondrius forums.

You’re bringing the Owl out of semi-retirement. Tichondrius needs this.

3 Likes

Small update: I have started removing members from the guild. Instead of complying to my demands, their response in game was in the form of a threat. If ANYONE joins in on their so called ‘‘hunt’’ for Owlcapwn - you will end up on the wrong side of my twitter feed. I simply do not lose.

I wouldn’t call a fight against a 5 man guild a ‘‘war’’, but they have awoken a sleeping giant. An aging, yet experienced legendary figure who has never been defeated in WPVP. I have eyes everywhere… cease and desist… before it’s too late. You’ve lost enough members.

2 Likes

Ugh, I’m not even loosely associated with the guild, but this is just cringe.

‘‘The Shadows of Death’’ have been added to my watch list. If any members decide to… log on - and I have enough time to bother…

I’ve allowed too much time to pass - sitting back, suffering through this terrible expansion - Horde actually believe this is their realm. I’m back now - and if you find this ‘‘cringe’’, you should just ignore it, instead of putting targets on your members backs… members who didn’t say or do anything - but have to pay for your mistakes. This has nothing to do with any other guild than the one who infringed, and threatened me in game. Well, you might as well merge with them now.

‘‘The Shadows Of Night Owl.’’

I hope your 120s are skilled in WPVP.

Kid, be careful when you make enemies with folks you don’t know.
If I cared 2 sh*ts about you, you’d be camped to the point of unsubscribing.

But luckily for you, you’re beneath me. So continue acting tough, I don’t care.

R O F L.

Your guild averages 0 people online per day. That’s the difference between you and me - and this is why I’m the best WPVPer in the game today - no one is ‘‘beneath me’’ when it comes to ganking them. I’ve watched streams for 3+ hours just to get a single clip. I don’t consider you or your guild a waste of my time - because when I get that screen shot of your corpse in game, my week is made. It doesn’t matter what your level or ilvl currently is. It’s all about the person, and the joy I get from ruining that persons day. No one will ever surpass my desire to destroy the will of the Horde, and the bad players that play the faction. I’ll do whatever it takes.

Nah, see - luckily for YOU - your guild just doesn’t log on… and I doubt that’ll be changing any time soon… judging by the weak leadership.

Just think of how successful some of these guilds would be if I were running the show. They’d have a leader willing to do anything to destroy the opposite faction… a leader with the skill to dominate multi-boxers, massive WPVP guilds - defeat the best rated players 1v1 like it’s nothing. They’d have somebody to look up to… that’s just something guilds today lack - a real leader… Owlcapwn.

LoL dude owlcapwn you are not best WPVP er but surely an arrogant person.

Their guild is basically a community guild with about 5 active members now. They’ve been instructed to ignore me on the forums, and to avoid me in game at all costs. Smart decision - but an even smarter decision would be to break ties with that name, and start fresh. That would require Horde having good leadership… anywhere. Highly unlikely.

The Shadows of Death have been given a pass, since they can barely pull in two members - and their activity is irrelevant videos of ‘‘surprise’’ attacks on Goldshire, which Alliance doesn’t care about, anyway. That guild won’t be going anywhere.

I am going back into semi retirement - and will continue to do whatever the hell I want to do in game… with zero concerns about Horde stopping me.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter (I follow back.)