Horde got away with murder

Awww… You care!

I guess you did not get the memo, I don’t. But it’s so much fun aggravating guys like you when I just stand afk in a raid. It’s just pixels. My fun is helping you lose.

It was the core of the game 15+ years ago.

When it was an RTS thing.

The war’s meant less and less as time goes on, and only gets ignited by up before it fully fades away, by blizzard randomly turning someone into a warmonger, and sticking them in charge. Varian, Garrosh, Sylvanas. All of these characters were put in just to drag out this tired concept.

War can continue to exist without the horde and alliance being the ones to be murdering each other.

PvP can still happen as well.

BFA was suppose to be the “Big new war reignition expansion” and the war campaign part of it, was literally the worst part of it.

The war’s not compelling, it’s stilted, stiff, forced, and feels out of place, especially after all the pervious expansion’s we’ve been through.

For the most part it’s just a few bad actors causing the issues more than anything.

Further, from a mechanical and gameplay standpoint, the factions are causing pretty severe damage to the player base.

The alliance only just finally managed to open up cross realm raiding stuff for Palace, and how long has that been out?

Blizzard will never be able to fix the faction inequality, and people will just continue to complain. But if they do something about it. “oh no, they are somehow hurting the “very core” of this game by doing this, the nerve of blizzard.”

Faction war’s stupid at this point.

1 Like

You are going to be in for a rude awaking if you think the factions and faction war are actually going away.

You DARE threaten to cut off our cookie supply? YOU DARE?!?!?! Clearly you need to be “re-educated”.

I’ve been cookie deprived for so long! I dont know what Im doing with my life anymore

I’m not expecting anything concrete. But the faction war is old tired, and over done. If the faction war was never brought up again. It’d be fine by me.

Nope, we still need to finish off the Night Elves and put down the Worgen.

Wasn’t it Tyrande who bragged about wiping out entire races for lesser infractions than cutting down trees? Wasn’t it Greymane who left the Alliance and walled off his country because the Alliance would not kill every last orc? The Legion would have succeeded at Hyjal if those idiots had their way. Sorry but they got their just dues.

Your priorities are skewed.

There is no we in this. you wanna go get ripped apart by worgen and angry night elves. Your deathwish.

In all seriousness, why? It is a game.

They have ruined the game. If they want to do something else, well make a new game? They fail, this is why we get classic and remake of the original RTS.

The creativity is gone from Blizzard to provide good games. Warcraft is about, well war that is conflict. The military plays this game over and over for as long as arm conflict exists. It is one of the fundamental elements of mankind.

At least in a game it is a basic repeatable challenge. Now blizzard is wrecking that in the game making everything muddy and ethical. Who wants to play that game? It is boring.

According to you, professional sports should be eliminated because it’s been done. Why do it again. Conflict is the only thing.

I just hope they give Alliance players an option to join with Tyrande/Genn.

3 Likes

Daelin Proudmoore from his grave: “Told you so”

3 Likes

Germany suffered greatly itself because of what happened under the regime of the (banned word), to say they did nothing afterward would be entirely wrong as well. Germany has paid a lot in reparations to the victims families, amongst other things, and had anyone even remotely involved in the nasty stuff put on trial and punished. And that’s the least I can mention about the aftermath.

They definitely did not “get away with it”

3 Likes

The first thing they need to do in 8.3 is make the current situation in the NE lands clear. You can move the “warfront” related content into a different phase (like how we can visit Darkshort before and after the war) and so that the Horde have left and the NEs are starting to rebuild. If it is exactly the same as it current is, the Army of the Blackmoon has every right to tell Anduin to shove that piece of paper up his behind!

If the Horde have completely pulled out, then the “Army” should focus it’s attention upon securing the lands and hunting down Sylvanas and the loyalists that fled with her.

I don’t think it was just a alli being ‘bad’ per say, i could definitely go for a more antihero theme. Think of say a soldier fighting a war they know is bloody and painful but they need to fight not for a worthless cause but because they want to see the hometown they grew in thrive and not be burnt to the ground and families to be safe.

Think of a possible AU Edwin Vancleef, the infamous bandit who you find out wasn’t just a needless villain but was (needlessly) shafted out of the payment and banished to a land of mass poverty and respiteless refugees who banded them together against the tyranny, he believed of the king that destroyed his people’s lives and left him with nothing.

Imagine a ‘what if’ scenario where alongside the Horde’s Saurfang Horde Loyalists and Sylvanas Loyalists you had a option for the ally to have their own civil war campaign with say, Anduin Monarchists and a Defias emergency order to divert the war from the pointless islands into defending the refuges, overthrowing the king and having a spited and downtrotten vengeful defias brotherhood erupting into civil war fighting poison with dirt and sand. Glass in Sylvannas’s eye, poison and blight resistant bandanas (which were used at one point in time, as primitive gas masks by coating in liquids that were able to neutralize, albeit primatively mustard gasses, etc), you could have salves, it could be really cool!

Are we really talking about the pettiness of “murder” in a game named World of Warcraft? I mean OP is level 111, how many creatures have you “murdered” to level up?

BTW, what the Horde did is called genocide.

1 Like

Also you might want to replace the word “murder” with “genocide”

1 Like

If they sold the expansion as a faction war with the intention of bait-and-switching us to an old god story then that’s a massive mistake on Blizzard’s part. Even if what you said is true, all of the marketing and advertising themeology of BFA in its early stages was all about Alliance vs Horde, and for them to change the focus of the expansion from that to old gods (regardless of whether that was intended from the beginning) is a failure on their part.

It was never changed .

First clues about it not being about a faction war were before release when Azshara and N’zoth were brought up.

Battle for Azeroth was never about a faction war that is small thinking .

Battle for Azeroth is about saving the planet and nascent titan .

One group bent on Azeroth’s destruction one group to save her (the factions )

Fair. But it should have been about Horde vs Alliance. Go back and watch the Blizzcon videos from when BFA was announced - they sold it and hyped it up as a factional conflict. Old gods were barely if ever mentioned in any of the early promotional material.