Horde got away with murder

True, but it did put the ball back in the Alliance’s court - it was their move after that, and that’s how we ended up with BoD. I agree that the Horde “won” the opening stages of BFA by wiping out most of the night elf population versus the Alliance taking heavy losses at UC and still not even taking the city, but this kind of back and forth is how Blizzard can write a factional conflict without totally screwing one side over the other.

Why do you keep calling it one dimensional? It has always been Horde vs. Alliance vs. Big Bad.

It is why there are two factions in the game with PvP being a large part of it. I know you want to sit in a peace circle with Alliance, but that is not what Warcraft has ever been about. Even while fighting for our lives against a universe ending evil we still try and trip the other guy on our way to the fight. That is what Warcraft is about.

Lmao slow your roll there hot shot.

Warhammer’s story is exactly how Blizzard can tell a faction conflict and have it make sense, be exciting, and be compelling to players.

But I guess we’re all ready to throw away our Alliance and Horde swag and come together as a big happy family right? No reason for us to shout “For the Horde” or “For the Alliance” at Blizzcon anymore am I right?

I will actually be pretty upset if Blizz takes this route. NE’s really became Blizz’s punching bag and got the shaft hard. Tyrande being upset and wanting vengeance is totally understandable, but not to the point of becoming villains to justify it.

1 Like

I’m not calling the conflict one dimensional. Though, to be fair, it’s overly drawn out, stale, pointless (Especially since both are player factions and you can’t just do stuff without enraging your player base) and has basically been pointless since Wrath.

It’s one dimensional to think if the alliance and horde aren’t actively at war killing each other, than suddenly it’s war of peace craft, and sunshine and rainbows, and no war ever happens again.

That’s one dimensional thinking.

1 Like

I mean, Anduin is the High King. If the King wants peace, then so be it.

And to be fair, the moment Sylvanas said: “Burn it.” At Teldrassil, we all knew the stort was going to be 10/10 quality.

Huh? We were not at war from the end of MoP to WoD either.

I am failing to see your point. We were not at war until Genn attack the Alliance fleet and attempted to Assassinate the Warcheif.

Because the War part has always meant horde vs. alliance at its core. Even in the periods of not open war we were still fighting each other.

Yeah, but to think war can literally only exist between horde and alliance is silly.

We’ve been at war non-stop even when we were at peace or at least not fighting with each other.

The faction war isn’t the only war in existance

Lets just forget that Slyvanas used valuable resources that could have been used against the Legion in an attempt to gain infinite 1 ups right?

Also forget that she launched an unprovoked attack pre cata War on Gilneas to try and commit genocide against them.

Yea how dare Greymane, such a naughty boy.

None of this is relevant as we were under a truce since then.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve played both sides and to be blunt, Genn didn’t know any of that. It was totally a personal revenge thing for him which I totally get, but he wasn’t doing it because of what she was doing at the time. He only had an inkling of what was going on after he attacked her.

Also before you mention it, yes the attack on the Gilneans by Sylvanas under Garrosh’s order was unprovoked.

2 Likes

War between the Alliance and Horde is the very core of this game from when you first open the classic WoW box and see that as a selling point.

My point being why were we not at war? A ceasefire =/= a peace agreement such as what happend in Ashran. Horde and Alliance were at “peace” in Azeroth but not in Drenor

Ashran was most likely a minor skirmish that did not lead to full fledged war. Going into Legion it was apparent that we were not at war with each other.

Germany got away with murder, this is great real life story telling.

Whats the next evil thing you’re going to get away with germany?

See how stupid my statement is its the same as yours

1 Like

Monster! Lucky for us we have a cookie Gnome that can offset some of the damage.

1 Like

Not if we eat the Gnome first.