Horde can't attack Umbric?

Maybe not relevant to the lore forum, but you can find Umbric during the Zuldazar incursion, but you’re not allowed to do anything to him. He just stands there while being marked as unfriendly.

Kinda odd, really - he has no guards or anything with him, aside from two void raptors. Not a quest objective or anything.

Just seems kinda silly though with the whole premise of BfA that we’re not allowed to do anything at all to him.

6 Likes

Probably because he’s a Horde plant under Lor’themar’s mind control. No other explanation.

He’s not really there! It’s madness! I am sure the alliance can’t attack gonk. The rational is probably that if they were killable everyone would be killing them and disrupt the questing in the temporary event.

You can’t attack important lore characters when they show up for questing purposes. You can see the same thing if you find the Alliance/Horde encampments in their incursion bases. For example, in Tiragarde, you can find Nathanos standing on a mountain near Kul Tiras, but he’s marked as unfriendly, even though his guards are hostile.

7 Likes

Yet more evidence that Nathanos is a time-travelling self-insert! :wink:

1 Like

Does Umbric still have residence in Silvermoon?

No, he and his followers were all expelled.

Smh so sad :frowning: victims of a fascist police state. “Do as we say not as we do.” the regime said as they enslaved Naaru to force the light out of it and sucked down fel from the teats of their new demon overlords, but arbitrarily condemned another venue of dangerous magical pursuits. Umbric really dodged a bullet to be honest. Tragic as their exile was.

“Happiness is mandatory, citizen.” Indeed. :cry:

6 Likes

I’m still not sure if you’re trolling or not.

1 Like

Joking might be a word we could try? Though I’m not sure which parts you’d like to say are inaccurate. Silvermoon was a fascist police state. “Happiness is mandatory” is a quote from the game. Exile is tragic. It was tragic when the Kaldorei let fear drive policy and they, in that fear, pushed their kindred away. Its tragic now as the Sin’dorei mirror that action. They very much were hypocritically condemning dark magic pursuits as they tossed fel gems around every John Quincy Sin’dorei’s back yard - while simultaneously angered by the Alliance for condemning them for their own dark magic pursuits. The Ren’dorei part in their story is a narrative mirror of the Sin’dorei and and the Sin’dorei part is a mirror of the Kaldorei. Its a jumble of thematics and narrative beats.

Its kind of nice really. And I was being silly about it.

3 Likes

probably the same reason i can’t attack talanji or baine when i invade the troll capital.
they are literally standing there doing nothing and we are unable to attack them.

1 Like

As we’re on the Story Forum…

You cannot attack Umbric because he would destroy you so utterly that even the Spirit Healers couldn’t do anything for you. It’d be like dying in Hardcore Mode in Diablo. Your character would be deleted from your character list.

4 Likes

You can’t attack umbric because he is secretly starting a communist revolution inside both faction to remove the corrupt nobility and rich and give the world true peace.

After he dies whoever his secretary will then assume control despite his best wishes, exile and then assassinate his second in command, and start purposely starving people and commencing purges.

1 Like

I mean, he has 25K health. If you looked at him funny he’d die of a heart attack if he didn’t know for sure you couldn’t touch him.

That’s why I stared him in the eye as I tore the heads off of his followers right in front of him instead.

There’s nothing hypocritical about permitting dark magic when there’s no alternative (destroyed Sunwell) and condemning dark magic when there’s a much better alternative (restored Sunwell). Doubly so when the dark magic in question is literally poisonous to your much better alternative.

That’s just called not being stupid.

2 Likes

Umbric has an ‘Aura of USSR’ that causes him to be immune to the strikes of the working man.

It also causes your rations to magically disappear.

5 Likes

The only time we saw void magic affect the Sunwell was when Alleria made physical contact with it. So as long as the Void Elves were barred from Quel’Danas, it would have been fine.

Might have been fine. Void magic is a relatively new magical tradition that isn’t well understood. It is also even more volatile and dangerous than fel and has a tendency to accidentally draw the attention of unwanted tentacles.

1 Like