'Honorless' doesn't cut it

Have you seen Horde players very much bothered by what happened to Theramore/ Teldrassil? No, because ‘Honor’ is different to them than to Alliance.

To them, ‘Honor’ is killing or being killed by an armed opponent, it’s a personal thing. If you’re ‘honorless’ for killing innocents, it’s not because it’s an evil act to be frowned upon, but because it’s a waste of time for your prowess progression/ combat exploits, etc. Perhaps you’re too coward to challenge more frequently, and someone may feel like punching you for that. But it’s generally your own business, not a big deal.

But an Alliance kills innocents, it becomes a big deal, it’s everyone’s business. ‘Honorless’ indicates this person has commited affronts to the whole ‘Honor’ system, the moral code. This is because ‘Honor’ is stricter Alliance side, you’re not only forbidden to kill innocents, you’re further required to protect them when possible.

At least this is my understanding, of why Horde players find Saurfang ‘howling for honor’ affected. I think they find Saurfang’s Honor more aligned to the Alliance’s one, not Orc’s.

2 Likes

Nope, just a lot of Night Elf players taking it personally.

:cactus:

34 Likes

That tends to happen when the writers take a steaming dump on your favorite race.

8 Likes

I get it.

12 Likes

You really can’t tell the difference between Horde players and actual Orcs, can you. Do you think I’m sitting here in my jeans thinking ‘gosh I can’t wait to be killed by an armed opponent, what an honor’.

Compose yourself. You’re being ridiculous.

26 Likes

Raises hand

28 Likes

Take out ‘‘players’’ from what they said and it’s not false. Orcish ‘‘honor’’ is really just about fighting and killing as much as you can as long as the enemy isn’t unarmed. I kind of wish Blizzard developed the concept more than that.

Sure, fine, whatever. But the post said players and said poster continues to make no distinction between the game and real life. It’s absurd, and that’s what I was responding to.

8 Likes

Orcish “honor” is meaningless because the devs can’t be consistent about what it means.

28 Likes

Like anyone cares what Blood Elves think.

I very much doubt he is a blood elf in real life.

Unless you meant to dismiss his opinion simply because of the character he chooses to post on I guess.

7 Likes

Here here!

Seeing as how one of the points of this expansion was supposedly for the horde to “explore” its themes/values you might expect at least some broad definition of what they are and what they mean. Maybe at least some differentiation between chivalry vs honor.

But nudda.

7 Likes

We were informed of what it should be by Anduin. Isn’t that enough?

3 Likes

Do we have to make this a personal attack? The Horde players are not, mostly, deranged lunatics proud of their genocide. If anything they seem to hate being dragged through the mud yet again because the expansion needed a villain.

31 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of Horde players who did not enjoy it, yes.

19 Likes

Would you have preferred me to post on my tauren?

4 Likes

Don’t you hate it when people do that? “Oh you’re a Night Elf of course you think Teldrassil was a bad thing, your opinion doesn’t matter.” I’m a fleshy human not the pixels in that box.

9 Likes

This thread just goes to show how little players bother to really try to pay attention to the viewpoints of players on the other faction most of the time. It is why we have so many stupid arguments on this Forum and why so often you have players proposing ‘solutions’ to the plot lines that the other half of the playerbase would mostly despise.

Honestly people need to try and learn to see the world from other people’s view. It is a very healthy life skill.

11 Likes

You know he’s not a Blood Elf in real life, right?

More insane, angry night elf ramblings in the story forum. Nothing to see here.

6 Likes