Honor System Decay Equation

You were probably a D student in maths, weren’t ya?

You can easily derive it from blizzards post.

Passed Diff EQ with an A

Didn’t bother this is rudimentary mathematics. Anyone should be able to derive the summation of a decaying or exponential model.

And yet somehow you didn’t…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-decay-clarification/1128538

That’s literally the “simple general form” equation I listed in OP.

If you understood what Blackfish posted you would see decay and RP have to be doubled.

It doesn’t matter what the variables are, you couldn’t read OP and use the equation. That’s the basis of the initial argument. You made a claim that I was “wrong” when In fact I was not. I defined my variables.

But your conclusions were all wrong. Kudos…

Conclusions were not wrong.
The variables (decay, earned RP) might be, or might not be. The point is the equation exists for people like you to use but I can see now that even mathematically inept individuals have a hard time grasping it and need to result to using some website with an automated process for calculating simple decay in timesteps because the programmer is a code monkey and couldn’t derive an equation for themselves.

I love you both :heart:. It’s people like you two who eventually make the answers simple for the rest of us.

1 Like

You are just trying to flex on people.

And you failed doing it.

Yeah, this is coming from someone who couldn’t plug numbers into some variables.
:rofl:

Um, i don’t need to because I got the right answers perfectly fine with a simple spreadsheet.

The point of the equation is to eliminate the use of spreadsheets, and timesteps.

But you wouldn’t understand time and speed optimization.

Did you miss the part where I have passed Diff EQ if you even know what that is?

I have three degrees. Electrical engineering, Software engineering, and Maths.

Yes I’ve passed differential equations, partial EQs, and I’ve been using them ever since for discretization of models for control systems.

You however don’t seem the type to even have passed an introductory pre-calculus course.

Based on me not wanting to use your equation when a spreadsheet is enough? I got correct relevant answers and you got lost.

In computer science there’s something called “Time and Space Complexity”

The equation above reduces the Time AND Space complexity of any given timestep algorithm linearly. Most implementations of calculations like the website you mentioned work in linear time, the equation can be measured and validated in a constant time frame.