Honor Requirement Changes for Specific Essences

There’s nothing to disagree with. It’s not even debatable. Your entire point is simply, “I don’t care about cosmetics.” I can’t disagree that you don’t care, but that’s not a defense of Blizzard, it’s just an expression of apathy.

And that’s basically what Blizzard looks like too on the topic of Rank 4. Apathetic. Too lazy to uniformly apply a fix to a problem they’re creating.

2 Likes

Im confused.
We have conquest and honor badges.

We have honor again?

Someone halp

There is zero reason for them to nerf requirements for rank 4. That’d be like asking them to nerf the requirements for bloodthirsty.

Just make essences account bound alredy, grinding on multiple characters is so time consuming and ridiculous.

3 Likes

It’s not remotely like asking for that, unless you treat two things being cosmetic as if it automatically makes their circumstances identical in every other way. Bloodthirsty is easy to distinguish from this. Bloodthirsty is a multi-expansion reward not uniquely tied to any single expansion built around honor kills, which operate distinctly from honor points, and obviously are utterly unaffected by this change.

The Rank 4 essences, on the other hand, are a single-expansion feature strongly impacted by changes in what sources of honor count for it. They are impacted exactly the way Rank 2 and Rank 3 essences are impacted. The analogy between the impact on Rank 2 and Rank 3 essences, and the impact on Rank 4 essences, is total. They’re impacted identically. You’d have to struggle to find a realistic hypothetical hotfix or patch change that could impact Bloodthirsty in a similar way that would bring in the same concerns regarding post-change adjustments.

It’s one thing to say “Rank 2 and Rank 3 essences should be higher priority.” I’d agree with that. They obviously matter more in gameplay. But concerns about priority only matter if the effort required for a fix means they can’t easily get to everything. Here, the adjustment is just changing a number.

You’re arguing as if there’s some standard where changes that impact how difficult a cosmetic is to obtain should never result in adjustments related to the change. It’s like Blizzard looking at some problem they’ve created and going, “wait, wait, we don’t need to fix it, it only affects getting these cosmetic rewards. Who cares about that?”

Altogether this set of events looks like an unnecessary hotfix for a bug no one would have ever considered a bug, on something people already thought of as a significant grind, followed by a lazy adjustment that arbitrarily stopped without addressing the last rank affected.

3 Likes

Why not spend development time on making essences alt friendly, for that matter make the game enjoyable for alts again. Enough grinding rep and ap for every toon you decide to buff and punish us for those classes and specs your nerf or don’t fix. PVP should NOT be part of PVE yet you keep doing this, stop and listen to us, stop dictating to us.

2 Likes

I wish Lucid Dreams would get this treatment too. Doing those follower quests on multiple characters every day is the antithesis of fun.

2 Likes

Cool. Can you make it and Lucid account-wide though? This essence was an absolute atrocity and a half to grind for on one character.

Rank 2 and rank 3 have actual pvp advantages tied to it. Rank 4 is just like a title.

So? The point is regarding the impact on the process of acquisition. I already addressed the issue of priority and said that Rank 2 and Rank 3 matter more. That’s not an argument against changing Rank 4, even though you really weirdly seem to think it is.

Yea and it’s pointless to get rank 4 except personal preference. Nothing about it offers more to your gameplay like 2 and 3.

That’s still not an argument against Rank 4 being included in the adjustment. It’s still just an expression of your apathy.

If you don’t care about Rank 4, that’s fine. Just don’t act like that’s some kind of principal against fixing something for those who do care.

Is it weird that I haven’t played in about 6 weeks, and I have no idea what anyone is talking about in this tread even though the only thing I do (when I do play) is play BG’s for the most part?

1 Like

You say we need honor for these things but how do I check how much honor I have?

Also how do I obtain essences in pvp?

You can track the top achievement to see your total progress toward it. It’s called Battlefield Master. Alternatively, you can use the script to track it so you don’t have to search for it:
/script AddTrackedAchievement("13703")

Ofc it is. You may not like the argument and that’s fine.

I got 15K honor in 2-3 nights of farming WSG Scramble for the rep gains. Exalted and R2 essence in the same game. Of course…I still need to go win a PVP IE and Epic BG to unlock R1 but that’s for another day.

Thank youuuu

This is the ironic part. Blizzard knows pvers hate PvP so they nerf how much PvP they have to do on alts to get the essences.

Pvpers on the other hand get to do the same old amount of pve. Classic blizzard giving pvpers the shaft again.

1 Like

Well, glad you’ve admitted that that objectively terrible argument is the one you’re making.