Honor Ranking Difference between Vanilla & TBC?

Minor correction but you only had to play 10 games/week, not win them. The requirement to actually win for your points came in Cata, I believe.

You needed 1900 in 2s or 3s to get the helm
You needed 2050 to get the shoulders i believe
2200 for weapons
Basically people who could hit higher arena ratings got better gear. I miss this system.

Mini necro
But you have a point.

shoulders were not 2200 they were 2050 i believe - i could be wrong though

Edit, just checked and shoulders are 2200 as of season 4 start

2 tiers of weps was in Wotlk.
1850 for T1 and 2200 for T2, i remember getting both

What about the personal rating and team rating? Can we freely change arena teams without consequence?

The rating for gladiator is team rating or personal rating?

If I remember correctly it is team rating but you personally had to have a certain amount of wins/games played on the team in order to qualify. I’m pretty sure at one point weapons had a requirement of 1850 and shoulders 2000. Eventually the last season or 2 the helmet needed 1800, shoulders and weapons were 2000+.

That means we are kind of locked to one team if want high rating :frowning:

Correct u can’t really play with your buddy for fun in rated if you got a team and want to maintain your rating. You can do skirms tho.

As a 2400 player myself you typically never get both.

Not calling you a liar or anything but you just always saved for the 2.2k weapon and got it instead, you’re basically wasting points getting both.

You always went weapon first anyway. Getting both would just slow you way down.

You didn’t need the lower rank weapon in order to get the 2.2k weapon. They don’t upgrade into each other.

Not saying you are lying about your rating but that’s a bad way of doing it.

Pretty much, but remember there’s 2v2 3v3 and 5v5. You can have 3 teams, so pick a couple to play for fun with friends and one for actually being try hard.

You’re right, when I hit 1850 for the first time to get the first weapon i never thought I would even hit 2200. So I bought the weapon asap as most people do